Genevieve is Very Fine

My neck hurt because I slept in a bad position. Julie, however, got to nap comfortably.

"Refreshed huh?"

I sounded really bitter when I spoke. Moving my neck around didn't make the ache disappear.

"Mm-hm." Julie smiled. "Completely refreshed."

"Lucky you."

I moved my head to the side, making this popping sound from my neck. Julie didn't seem to fazed by it, unlike most people I see.

"We should do something," Julie said, turning to look at me. "What should we do."

I checked my pockets for the cash James gave me the day before. "I've got forty dollars. You choose what we do."

I already knew her answer before she even spoke.

"The park and ice cream."

I smiled. "Alright."

I heard her shuffling around to my side and finally looked over just as she pulled a maroon colored sweatshirt down over her minion shirt.

That was my sweatshirt.

"And I was wondering where that went." I smiled at the sight of her wearing it. It was meant to be oversized, but on her it looked too oversized, in a good way. "Forgot I gave it to you."

"Or maybe I snatched it without you looking?" She raised her eyebrows. "You never know..."

I shook my head, amused. "I doubt it."

I probably would've noticed.

"Let's go."

I followed her out the room and finally out the door. That usual bounce she had came back. It was obvious in the way she skipping around.

How someone could have that much energy was beyond me.

But it was nice.

I looked at Julie's outfit and noticed something. It was a contradiction to itself.

"Shorts and a sweatshirt." I raised an eyebrow. "That doesn't make sense."

Julie stopped, looked at herself, then at me. "What do you mean?"

"Shorts are for keeping cool, sweatshirts are for keeping warm," I explained. "It doesn't make sense."

Julie puckered her lips in thought as she stared at the pavement. Then, she smiled. "Accessories over necessities."

With that she continued skipping ahead of me.

I smiled and walked a bit faster to catch up. I wonder how long she's been wanting to use that phrase because she looked so damn happy just to say it.

Despite how weird the combination was, Julie looked pretty cute. Well, she always looked cute.

Fuck.

I'm so yuck.

Ugh.

Once we got to the park I took a seat at our usual bench and made Julie get the ice cream. This was because it's too hot out to do anything and Julie doesn't seem to mind doing it.

It shouldn't even be hot out. Yesterday it was a bit chilly and winter was not too far away. Maybe the earth is just fucking with me.

"I'm melting."

Julie smiled as she took a seat and handed me my ice cream. "Of course you are."

I felt my ears warm as I realized what that could've meant. "Wait what?"