Ignoring Barnes

Steve drives, drives until he finds a bridge. "We went fishing here. Do you remember?"
"Kinda. Scarlet was fishing."
"Yah. Do you remember the cave?"
"No. Can you show me?"

He nods and gets out, waiting until I've started to follow him before walking down the small trail. He stops at the edge of the water, pulling off his sweater and shoes. I pull off my sweater, shoes and gloves. He looks at my hands but doesn't say anything. "Common." He dives into the water. Are my arms going to drown me?

I jump in too. Catching a glimpse of Steve in the light shining through the water. He's swimming down, I'm being weighted down, but follow him into a small tunnel. Just as I'm not able to see anything from no light, my head breaches the surface. "Steve?"
"I'm here."
Lightning my hair on fire I can see him, one hand stretched out to me waiting for my own hand to grasp it. "I'm good, I can do it myself." Since the entrance is straight up there's no floor for me to stand on, even with kicking my feet and treading water I'm slowly sinking. Steve moves forward, wraps his arms around me to lift just as I find a place to put my feet and push up.

With our combined strength we tumble, limbs trying to break our fall only to end up on our backs my arm under his back. I wench it out from under him, making him flip over and press my back against the wall furthest from him. "Jess it's fine."
"Steve I'm going to hurt you, stay back."
He rolls his eyes and shuffles closer, "no you're not. You're obviously worried about hurting someone so you won't." He sits down beside me, back to the wall, shoulder pressing mine. "You won't hurt me."

Oddly I feel like I can trust him, maybe as much as I trust Winter. I allow my fire to be put out. "Steve?"
"Hmm?"
"I'm scared."
"Of?"
"What are the others going to think of me? What's Aly going to think of me?"
"We know you, we won't have any other judgments other than the ones we had before. We didn't have any. Aly isn't going to care, she only ever holds Bucks left hand. His metal hand."
"But I have two."
"And that's fine. She's going to love you."
I look in his direction "Love?"
"Yah, meaning she cares about you, a lot."
My head starts hurting and I know that either a memory is coming back or I just have a headache. Allowing my neck to bend and my ear to press onto his shoulder I brace myself whispering "give me a minute. Memories suck."

It's hazy and the colours are washed out but I can safely say that I'm in a bedroom. There's a little girl looking at me, her lips are moving but I don't here any words. Her head tilts downwards snapping back up when my voice says 'I love you my child.' And slides under the bed. I face a door with a dresser in front of it, once swung open reveals Steve and a few others 'I am Silver Death. Prepare for a fight' I rush them.

I'm back in the cave, head in Steve's lap, hands clutching chunks of my hair. "I left her with you?"
"Who?"
"I said 'I love you my child' and the opened a door and attacked you and Winter, Natalia and Falcon and the Asgardian." A second though comes to mind "I didn't hurt anyone right?"
"No. You weren't under control, you didn't hurt anyone. You just helped."
"Okay. But what about the girl? Is she okay?"
"Yah. She is, and she's still in New York with Pepper, Tony's girlfriend. Aly tends to spend most of her day with Pepper and then find Buck when she's ready to go to bed."
"Winter, he's not mad about having her right?" Since it's dark I can't see his reaction.
"Jess look at me." Moving to sit up I light my hair up again and stare into his eyes. "Buck isn't mad about having a kid. Why would you think that?"
"No reason. Just wanted to make sure." Before he can say anything a head pops up into the cave. "Is that a beaver?"
"I think so, what's it doing?"
"Good question." With a slap of its tail is disappears down he tunnel it came up in. "Weird."
"Did Buck say something that made you think that he's mad?"
"Don't worry about it." My fire dissipates leaving us in the dark. A hand touches my leg. "Steve let go of me."
"Uh, I'm not touching you."
"I swear that if you don't move it I will."
"I'm not touching you!"
Pissed off my hair lights up white, Falcon is sitting with his hand on my leg trying not to laugh. Once he sees my face he backs away. "Hey."
"Hello Falcon."
"Sam. My name is Sam."
I glance at Steve "where is everyone else?"
"Wanda and Vision are in there way here. Tony is going back to he house where everyone else is."
"Out."
"Huh?"
"May as well not get Wanda's hair wet. So let's get out of here."
Since Sam doesn't have his wings on he shrugs and dives head first down the tunnel. Steve gestures for me to go second, I do. As we leave the tunnel is lit up with red energy, giving it a nightmare like feel.