Chapter 9

A/N: I'm out of the hospital now but I'm still feeling pretty bad. Hopefully this chapter is okay since I kind of don't feel all together certain my brain is working properly at the moment. 

Damon:

This infernal hair will be the death of me. Maybe I should cut it.. but then I'd spend less time with Lily. Lately it has become exceedingly difficult to see her as often. Last night's revelation didn't help ease the load off my shoulders. No. Instead it seemed to add more.

Sigh. Some of my people have come to me requesting a leave of absence so that they could go to the Deathlands to increase their prowess while searching for anything of interest. I was torn on the matter with the boys though. They'd expressed their eagerness to join in on 'the fun' and head towards there to complete the task given to those of Meridia willing to 'test their courage'. My only concern was how Lily would react if I were to agree to their request.

I rubbed my eyes as the growing weariness of this past week seemed to weigh me down. At that moment,

I would've agreed immediately, even if they were technically my disciples, but I was concerned about the fallout with Lily if I were to make a decision on the matter without her input.

"Master, Mistress Lily hasn't seen you in a while. Don't you think you should return home and assauge any of her worries?"

He did have a point. Lily tended to worry herself senseless if I left for an extended period of time. Not to mention that her appearance changes have had me slightly worried. A frown graced my features as I thought about the strangeness of it. 

"Did you ever look into possible reasons for Lily's change in appearance, like I asked?"

Taki seemed to pause in thought while trying to formulate a proper response.

"Master, I've checked many books and even ancient scrolls for possible scenarios of this occurrence but I've come up with nothing so far. I've not been within the House as much lately so I can't say for certain if there is anything else that has become noticeably different with the young Mistress."

Just because he hasn't found anything didn't mean this hasn't happened to anyone before, it just meant we haven't looked hard enough. Letting out a sigh, I dismissed him before contemplating on whether to go home to check on Lily again or not. 

Lily:

These little babies sure have grown a lot since I've picked them up in the forest that strange day. My eyes were drawn to the three heads staring back at me after retrieving them from my soul space. 

"In these past three years you've cultivated within my body without seeing the light of day. Wasn't that strange?"

Although during that time I've talked with them that didn't mean it wouldn't be disconcerting. 

"No, mama! You're very nice inside!"

"Yes, yes! It's very comfortable inside your soul space mommy!"

"Not strange at all, mom!"

All three decided to talk one after the other which caused me to feel slightly dizzy. Before, they had been rather small in size but now they were almost to my hip and at least 5 feet in width. 

Chao had grown a lot since the last time I saw it. As I stared at it something began to happen and at first I thought I had a problem with my eyes. 

"You guys can split apart?!"

My shock was evident. Both Hemere and Nyx, the 'outside heads' turned into full bodied snakes. Nyx was mostly black with a streak of white scales traced down the spine and between his eyes. Hemere was mostly white with a black streak down the middle. Out of the three though, Khaos was the strangest. His body remained lion in stature with the blue flames shaped as a tail and the last remaining snake head on its neck. 

"Yes, mommy. Once we reach what you humans call 'teens' we are capable of splitting apart. Our power isn't as strong separate but it does help if you were besieged by more than one person or beast."

Nyx made sense. It would be difficult trying to fight off more than one opponent alone. 

I shook off that train of thought and drew my mind back to the questions I had. 

"I never asked before but what exactly can you guys do?"

You have to know that they've been inside my soul space this entire time and haven't come out to join any 'mock' battles while I trained so I've no idea how strong they actually are. 

"Mama, our powers are really strong but there's a block on them unless you break through to 10 Stars or there is a dire need. When the time comes, you will know what to do."

"Right right! Mom, I'm the best though! Hemere and Nyx only have meager abilities compared to me! Look, see this body," Khaos began strutting around and showing me his 'strong' stature as I tried not to laugh at his antics, "I've got the Khaos Fire and poison where as my brothers only have poison."

His haughty voice nearly killed the serious expression I held on my face. 

'Oh ho! This little bugger has his own hemisphere. The world clearly rotates around him. I, Inclementia, truly do deserve to have this type of soul contracted beast.'

I rolled my eyes at Inclementia's 'backseat driving' in my head. 

"Mama, don't listen to Khaos. Nyx and I combine together and can produce yinyang poison bombs! We're clearly the better option."

I sat there in shock as Chao began arguing among themselves. At one point they began to tousle on the floor. It was actually slightly surprising that Khaos' tail didn't set the room on fire but I guess this was another strange thing about it. 

Sorry it's short. I wanted to get something out for you.