Chapter XXI

*Sigh* Here we go again.. Since it has been actually fifty years since my last update I would like to clear some things up. First of all, thank you for the devilish amount of support and 6.66K reads on this pretty below-average book. Second of all, I need your help when it comes to the story, what kind of things do you want to see here? Please do keep in mind there will be no smut in this book as I am actually horrible at writing anything intimate, as I was saying however, I need your help plotting the story. I have got some things planned already but your input means the most to me. Thank you!

 Thank you!

Direct Continuation of Chapter XX

The coward himself stood before Nathan and myself, I could already suspect as to what went down in my household while I was gone. My father seemed apologetic, but I was not falling for his bullshit this time. What has happened to all the happy memories we had as a family? Did he not love us at all? I could still vividly remember how happy the three of us were together a few years ago, and now I am witnessing the destruction of the somewhat function family I had harbored.

It was no secret that something was up, with my father basically never being home, on his little 'business trips' he seemed to have every other day. I get the fact that my father was a wealthy and powerful businessman, but the profession does not exclude you of caring for your family, being faithful to your wife and not letting your peers down, right?

The carefree atmosphere turned into a stomach churning one, nobody was talking, only the harsh echoes of the wind and my mother's cries were audible. I decided there was no reason to scold my father for his actions, after all, he was at fault here and we were the victims. Not to mention the fact, I would have to pick up all the pieces he had carelessly shed onto the floor. Although I felt like I had a lot to say, or scream rather, I felt powerless, as if all my previous energy and passion burning with mounds of sheer hatred had magically vanished and let the fatigue of dismay sip into my veins. "Why?" Was all I could muster in a somewhat broken voice.

Even if I tried to pretend I didn't care, I couldn't.. He was my father and here he was leaving us without a hesitation. I felt weak, I wanted to cry, but I wasn't going to stoop that low, not this time at least. He doesn't deserve my tears, not my mother's either.

"I'm sorry, Jordan." Was all my father said in a stern, apologetic voice, but I wasn't buying his apology, nothing about this situation was genuine. There are many emotions you can fake, but you can't fake that you care if you actually don't - this was the case with my father, he tried to make me think he cares, but it's evident that all he wants to do is get out of this messy situation and move on with his life. Bloody coward, I tell you.

"All of us here can tell that your apologies are one-dimensional, you know, you're going to have to pay for your actions one day, right? You can't keep getting off the hook for this shit you do, Gregory." Nathan suddenly popped up with an aggravated voice, catching me off guard, how the hell did he know my father's name? I thought they were complete strangers..

"Ah, Nathan, you've grown up a lot since the last time I've seen you, how are you coping with the loss of your father? Unfortunate, isn't it?" My father, whom I didn't even want to call my father anymore, sneered venomously, a smirk residing on his face. "You should be in jail for killing your father, but nobody would suspect a little boy, would they?" He continued pressuring as I remained frozen, trying to decipher the information.. Was it true? Did Nathan kill his own father, surely not, right? Nathan is not a person who likes to hurt others, he may seem big and scary but he only hurts people to protect other, but killing someone seems of limits..

"I did not kill him.." Nathan suddenly broke, an unreadable look on his face, my father knew how to manipulate and break people, but I never expected him to break Nathan..

"Who the fuck are you to say he killed his own father? You're disgusting and I have no clue why I ever called you my father, get the hell out of our lives, okay? I don't want to see your face anymore." I was flaring up at this point, he not only hurt the pride of being a family, he also hurt my boyfriend, maybe not physically but mentally. It wasn't a secret Nathan's family situation wasn't much less vile, his father was gone and his mother? Well all she wanted was money and the children gone..

"Jordan, he killed his own father, you shouldn't be with this disgusting fiend, he'll end up killing you too. All we wanted was a peaceful business deal, and in order to complete that deal, Nathan's sister had to be wed to Tony King, my son in-law. But no, this little bitch had to fuck it all up." My disgusting father was pushing and manipulating even further, I could tell. It would make no sense for Nathan to kill his own father because of this deal, I was already suspecting that my father pushed Nathan's father to end his own life, but that's just a speculation and I'm not the brightest when it comes to those.

Nonetheless, I was getting angry, almost impulsive, which was unusual for my regular calm and somewhat collected behavior. "Just leave, get out of my sight and never fucking come back, because there will be a case of homicide for the police." Sure I was satirical when I was threatening my father, but thankfully he took the bait and left the scene without a second notice.

I turned to Nathan and hugged him close, I knew for a fact that Nathan couldn't kill anyone even if he wanted to, he was just not that type of person and I trusted more than I probably trusted myself. "I did not kill him.." He whispered in my ear with a small voice, this was actually the first time I had seen Nathan be this helpless and vulnerable, it was honestly kind of scary.

"I know you didn't, it's okay, just know that I love you okay?" At the time I did not realize what I had said, it hasn't been long since we had gotten together, was it normal for people to fall in love this quick, cause I was sure as hell unconditionally in love with Nathan Lewis.

"I love you too, Jordan." He whispered.

-

Short and disappointing, yet very important chapter to the progress of the story. Once again sorry about the length, there was nothing more I could really think of for the theme of this chapter. Thank you for the devilish amount of 6.66K reads, your support means so much to me! Consider voting and letting this story get noticed even further!