Chapter 2 | In Which My Best Friend Unlashes Her Inner Beast

"She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out she skinned and ate the damn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast."
~Liam C.

J.J. McAvoy, Ruthless People

🎶

T W O : In Which My Best Friend Unlashes Her Inner Beast

I mutter a sorry to a person who I bump into unexpectedly before turning towards Kaylee again.

"Addy, there is no need to lie to me!" she mutters in my ear while continuing to walk down the corridor to our locker. I tug at her arm.

"Kaylee, I swear this time I am over him for real..." I hiss trying to convince her.

"Babe, why are you lying to yourself?" she asks me while punching in her locker combination. I lean against the locker on her left side.

"Yeah well, I don't mean over over...."

She gives me a are you fucking kidding me look and I smile sheepishly at her. "Well, I can't get over my crush this instant! BUTTT......" I yell out the word but and students turn around to look at me.

"But what?" she asks me.

"But what I am saying is that I am stopping this nonsense right here, right now!" she perks up at that and smirks at me.

Oh damn! Not a good sign!

"Does this mean that I can find you a boyfriend?" she wiggles her brows suggestively and I groan pulling her with me in the direction of our classroom.

"So does it mean that I can...."

BAMM

I look behind me only to see Kay spread out on the floor. What the...?

She quickly stands up from the floor, picking up the books spilt everywhere, before muttering out a sorry.

Why would she say sorry?

"Watch where you are going!" a guy I have never seen hisses out at the same time, looming over her small figure.

Oh, that is why!

Kay's face turns from a shocked to an angry one.

I would have jumped to her defense but Kay never needed help when it came to these situations.

"Watch where you are going! Are you mute as well or what?" he smirks at her, pissing her off more than she already is.

Umm it is official; the guy is going to die today.

"You little freak!" she smirks back before attacking the poor guy.

Jupp and that is my cue to leave. My ears would surely bleed out if I didn't.

###

"Kaylee...Kaylee!" I try to grab my best friend's attention as she makes her way through the student body with me hot on her tail.

"What a douche!" she mutters turning to face me without a warning. I crash right into her dropping our bags on the floor in the process.

"Shit, did you carry that all the way here? Why didn't you just tell me to take my bag from you!" I groan not knowing what to do with my best friend.

"You tried to tell me, right?" she smiles sheepishly.

"I have been trying to tell you to slow down, but you were too busy babbling about your new crush," I deadpan, shoving her bag into her arms.