Chapter 5 | In Which I Slam My Door In His Face

"Would you like to know your future? If your answer is yes, think again. Not knowing is the greatest life motivator.
So enjoy, endure, survive each moment as it comes to you in its proper sequence; a surprise."

Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

🎶

F I V E : In Which I Slam My Door In His Face

Monday morning after my break down Kaylee tugs at my arm for the third time. "You are sure, right?" my best friend whispers to me again, looking at me wide eyed.

"Hundred, no one saw me or the kiss that happened between us." I look around, making sure no one is listening to us.

"Hmm..."

"Think about it, if anyone had found out, people would have been staring at us by now." I think out loud.

"Yes, true but I don't think people know that Asher is looking for you yet." I frown, giving Kaylee a questioning glance.

"Eh, so well I found out from Blake. They are close friends from childhood already," Kaylee mumbles.

"Really?"

"Yes. Apparently, he doesn't want anyone to know about it for some reason," she looks deep in thoughts and I open my mouth to answer her when....

"Kaylee! Addalynn! Do you want to share what you are talking about with the class?" Mr. Baldwin grunts, looking rather pissed off. I blush beetroot but Kaylee quickly shakes her head.

"Good, then I suggest you keep up with class!" his voice rings through the classroom and we both nod silently.

###

"I swear I want to kick Mr. Baldwin sometimes," Kaylee grunts while walking towards our lockers. 

I laugh, "leave the guy, his girlfriend just left him!" I laugh trying to lighten her mood.

"Serves him right," she scoffs. I laugh even louder before turning to face her.

"What, why are you giving me that look?"

"How did you find out from Blake? You told me that Asher didn't want anyone to know and Blake wouldn't have just told you...I mean why would he?" I mutter before raising a brow at my bestie.

"Well, I may or may not have been with Blake yesterday...." she whispers before looking around.

"Bitch!" I hiss. Kaylee laughs out loud before shoving the rest of her book into her locker, shutting it close two seconds later.

"You ditched me for Blakey yesterday?" I give her accusing stare. A blush forms on her cheeks and I grin. "So where you just there or did you get some lip action as well? Knowing you, you probably went all the way...." I smirk.

Kay shows me the finger before making her way to the cafeteria. "I am so not treating you lunch today!" I laugh before catching up with her.

"So what is the thing with Asher?" I ask on our way.

"Well me and Blake were watching a movie and he suddenly just called." I smile.

"Literally watching a movie!" she hits my arm. Laughter bubbles up from my mouth again.

"Blake's phone was on speaker so you heard?" she nods her head. We walk up to the line that isn't too long.

"But trust me, if Asher is looking for a girl he kissed at a party AKA you people are going to go crazy when they find out." Kay points at what she wants and the canteen lady throws the food onto Kay's tray.