14. Without him.

POV Lotus.

"Alright, I think you are good to go." The doctor smiled at me. "I will give you some medicine for if you have any back pains."

"Thank you." I grinned as I got off the bed. He held out a bag to me but Isaac grabbed it before I could even reach out.

"I'll carry it for you." He smiled.

"Thanks." I nodded at him. "Let's go." I chirped, excited to go home. I walked out of the hospital and down the path that led us out of the village.

"Lotus, you can't be near him." Isaac sighed as we approached my home.

"But I live there!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up.

"He's right, Amaris." A deep voice evaded my eardrums and my heartbeat rose. I took a sharp intake of breath and held onto Isaac for support.

"Where am I supposed to go then?" I asked panicking as my heartbeat rose.

"You're not going anywhere." My mate shook his head with a frown on his handsome face. "I'm going out of town for a few days."

"What?" I squeaked, not wanting him to leave me on my own.

"Lotus, calm down." Kane grabbed my hand. "You'll get a heart attack." He took my pain and I could breath normally again.

"I'm going to visit our neighboring pack." Gio assured. "I already packed my bags."

"Can Isaac stay over?" I asked, looking at him through my eyelashes.

"Lotus, you know it doesn't work like that." Isaac murmered. "It's the Alpha's residence, I can't stay in there."

"Isaac can stay here." Giovanni nodded, shocking both me and Isaac.

"Alpha, are you sure?" Isaac stammered. "I don't want to invade."

"You're not invading." Giovanni shook his head again. "My mate wants you to stay and she has plenty of reasons wanting you to."

"I do?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah." Giovanni nodded. "Kane is allowed to stay as well, at least if he wants to."

"I am?" Kane mumbled shocked.

"Yes, anything to put my mate's nerves at ease." He nodded. "I don't want her to be unprotected and I know you two would do anything to keep her safe."

"We will, we promise." Isaac nodded. "I'll stay with her during the day and Kane can take the nightshift."

"Sounds good to me." Kane shrugged.

"What about Ava?" I whispered. "She's mad at me and does not want to be anywhere near Kane."

"That's her problem. It's my house and I am the Alpha. I invited him in and her opinion doesn't matter." Giovanni took his bag. "Just please, try not to get killed when I'm gone."

"I'll try." I chuckled while rolling my eyes. "I have a guard wolf and a living dead." I pointed to the guys at my flanks.

"I'm serious, Amaris." He narrowed his eyes at me. "It wouldn't surpise me if you'd have a broken leg by the time I get back." Then he turned his gaze to the guys at my sides. "She better not have a broken leg when I get back here."

"She'll be safe with us, Alpha." Isaac assured. "We'll make sure she goes to school, stays out of trouble and eats every meal."

"She better be safe with you two." Giovanni glared. "If she gets hurt, I will kill you both. No one can help you and you can't hide anywhere. I'll mess you up so bad." He stepped closer and I could smell the fear radiating from the two boys. "Not even the Moon Goddess will be able to recognise you."