SBAWP | Chapter 33

Two in a day!!! 

Can you guys help me brainstorm titles for Book 2 and 3 of Sold to a Wolf Pack? I want to keep the words "Wolf Pack" in there. So far, my best ones are: Saved by a Wolf Pack and Stolen from a Wolf Pack. What do you think?  What titles would you suggest? 

Dedicated to MermaidsAndStarfish. Winner of first comment! ♥

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ 

Logan

Jasper and I sit for a while, silently watching our mates. I don't have much of an appetite, so I just push my food around on my plate and then set my unfinished breakfast on the floor next to the bed. With my hands free, I move my chair closer to Saf's bed and play with a strand of her hair until my eyelids start to droop.

I fall asleep again, and wake up when two sets of footsteps enter the infirmary. When I see Doctor Dev, followed closely by Father, I jump to my feet. "Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Oh, yes," Doctor Dev smiles. "Saffron and Zara are recovering nicely."

"The Rogues?" I ask. "Did you catch the other Rogues?"

"Not yet," Father shakes his heads. "The Trackers think the Rogues used a nearby river to mask their scents."

"And the prisoners?"

"It's the oddest thing." Doctor Dev shakes her head. "None of them shifted, but they're all healing nicely. We can expect them to wake up in the next couple of days."

"Couple of days?" I frown. "What about Jess?"

"I've sent out more trackers," Father frowns, "but I don't have a good feeling about this. We need to talk with Nisha and Joshua next, see if they can tell us anything we don't know."

"We? You mean you want me to...? No, I can't leave Saf's side." I shake my head vehemently and sit back down in my chair.

"We won't be far, and Doctor Dev already okayed it."

"But..." I start to protest, but Doctor Dev interrupts.

"Saffron is recovering nicely, Logan. Her injuries have mostly healed, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was up and about in an hour or two."

"Really?" I grin.

"What about Zara?" Jasper cuts in, worry lacing his voice.

"Zara too, Jasper. I actually expected her to wake up sooner than this."

"Then why didn't see?" Jasper sounds worried.

"I'm sure she will any minute now," Doctor Dev smiles. "Her vitals are strong and her injuries have all healed. There's no reason for her not to."

The two of us share a relieved look, and Jasper relaxes back in his chair.

"Come, Logan." Father gestures for me to follow. When I hesitate, he adds, "We're only going next door. Doctor Dev will give you a shout if anything changes, right doctor?"

"Of course."

I hesitate. I don't want to leave Saf's side. When she wakes up, I want her to look up and see that I'm right there next to her. If she's not up for the next few hours though, it shouldn't matter if I step out briefly. Father's not great with the little kids, and I want to see if Joshie and Nisha know anything that might help us track down those rogues.

"Alright," I nod. I kind of need to go to the bathroom anyway, and a few minutes talking to the kids won't hurt. Plus, Doctor Dev and Jasper will be right here the whole time, and I'll be right next door. If Saf wakes up, I can get here in less than ten seconds, and if anything happens, I'd be able to hear the alarm.