Thirteen

P!ATD'S NEW SONGS HOLY SHIT I HAVE DIED AND COME BACK

.......Josh and Tyler need to come back....

Yo dudes! Please go show sharmanewilliams some love! She wrote an amazing Mark x reader(Apocalypse) and I can't wait to read her other ones!

Y/n POV

"How's school?" James asks, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"That has nothing to do with you, therefore there is no point in telling you." I speak monotony, leaning back in the booth we're sat at. My eyes roam the room full of hungry people, earning some confused looks from adults.

"Okay," James nods. "How about homework? Got any?"

"You took me out too early to find out." I meet eyes with him with an annoyed look plastered on my face.

"Oh, it's only," James looks at his wrist watch then places his gaze on me again. "11:26."

"Fourth hour out of seven." I mumble, taking in my surroundings again.
(Some of you don't have seven hours, buuuut for this we're just gonna go with the schedule I'm used to...sorry.)

James leaned back in his seat as well. "You can't be upset I took you out of that hell." A smirk slowly forms. "Unless you were planning to meet your boyfriend."

"Who said I had a boyfriend?" My eyes find his.

"Or girlfriend, whatever works." He raises his hands by his head.

"I have neither." I roll my eyes.

We fall into silence, no other words spoken. I mindlessly mess with the paper that once wrapped around the straw, wondering what my mother would think about this. There was no way she'd allow this. Right? Soon, the check for our meal came and James paid the young girl with a ten dollar tip. Once we were back in his truck, he pulled out of the parking lot, almost hitting someone in the process.

"You fucking dumbass! Learn how to drive!" He yells, slamming on the breaks before the two cars came in contact.

The people in the other vehicle honked their horn at him.

"You saw me backing out! That was not my fault!"

I held back the laugh that wanted to escape. James sighed and resumed backing out of the parking spot he was in. He spoke over the low radio as he got onto the main road.

"What do you wanna do now?" He asks, a grin playing at his lips.

"I don't care, as long as it doesn't make me late to work."

"When do you have to be there?" He asks, his grin disappearing.

"I have to be there by four, but my uniform is at home, so we'd have to be home by three thirty." I shrug, keeping my eyes on the blurred trees we passed.

"Okay, what about the arcade? Bowling?"

"Bowling sounds fun"(if you don't like bowling I'm sorryyyyyy)

"Bowling it is!" James smiles widely. "Just keep in mind that I am the king of bowling! Ain't no way you're beating me." He smirks cockily.

Calling himself the king of bowling reminded me of Mark Fichbach. He'll call himself the king of anything. The king of squirrels, the king of Five Nights At Freddy's, anything.

Rolling my eyes, I mumble. "We'll see about that."

It was a short drive, listening to (favorite band/artist), which was a happy surprise to find out James was a fan too. Once we were there, we excitedly hopped out of the truck and entered the building.

"You have no idea who you're going against." James smirks as he held his ball, turning to me leaning against the booths behind me.

"To be fair, I don't really know you, so obviously I don't know who I'm going against." I shrug, crossing my arms.

He chuckled. "You make it sound like I kidnapped you."

"I just met you last weekend, and you took me out of school in hope of getting in the way of my hatred towards you, so I'd say you did." I smirk.

He shakes his head. "Yeah, yeah, I'm a bad person."

He turns his back to me and stands directly in front of the pins, holding the ball up and lining it up. He waits for the person next to us to finish his turn before pushing his ball down the ally, allowing his fingers to slip out from the ball. Immediately, the blue ball rolls into the gutters. He turns around with wide eyes and mouths open.

"I am the king of bowling!" I quote him from earlier.

"Shut up, I'm just a little rusty." He stretches his arms. "Its been a while."

"We'll see about that." I chuckle.

When we see the familiar blue back on the ball return, he slips his fingers into it and returns at his spot in front of the ally. Again, a gutter ball.

"I just need time to warm up!" James says before I could throw it in his face.

I ignore him and shake my head with a laugh before grabbing the correct ball for me. After waiting for the guy next to us to finish, I stand where James previously stood, lining the ball up with the pins. Quickly, I swing my hand back and release the ball into the ally, watching it roll down the slick wood, pushing down three pins.

"Ha! You're not so good either!" James pointed at me.

"Better than you." I shrug.

Soon, the bright green ball returned only for me to throw it again. I knocked down two more pins, my score popping up on the screen above us.

"I think you're about to lose your title as the king." I smirk.

Gooodd neeewwesss!

I'm actually excited for writing this again! I honestly expected this to go on for way longer, but nope. Thankfully it didn't!