~ O N E ~

"Alright man. I bet you $10 you can't get a girl to throw a m&m in your mouth and you catch it." One of my buddies said.

"Jake you know that any girl will willingly do anything for me. They all love me." Max replied.

"Oh I'm sorry your highness. If you think so then get a girl to do it." Jake said.

I sat at the lunch table shaking my head at my 2 idiot friends. This is what they do with their free time during lunch. Bet each other on stupid things. Max got up and walked to the table next to us. That was the table of the plastics. They all wanted to get in our pants. Every single one of them.

Let me explain a little. So our group, Jake, Max, and I are considered the bad boys here. Everyone respects us. Don't ask me why but they do. Even the teachers do. All of the girls look at us like we are some kind of a meal. Like I swear some times I feel like I am being devoured just by a girl looking at me. I mean its reassuring but really disturbing.

Now there was one girl in this school who didn't really care about us. Alex. She didn't like us in fact. She acted as if we were the lowest form of living thing on this earth. It intrigues me. It doesn't really make sense to me. She never even pays attention to any guy. She doesn't even pay attention to girls. Hell she doesn't even talk to anyone.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Jake swear loudly. I guess he lost the bet. Max came walking back with a smirk on his face. He sat down holding his hand out to Jake. He took $10 out of his wallet and gave it to Max.

"Thank you kind sir." Max said in a British accent.

"Fuck you too." Jake groaned.

"You guys are idiots." I said getting up to head to class.

"Just like you, Axel." Max yelled.

I flipped him off and walked to my next class. Every girl that I walked by gave me flirtatious eyes. I would just roll my eyes at them. Now there is this rumor that goes around school that I have slept with every girl in the school. Now about a year go that would be true. But I haven't slept with anyone since then. I have my reasons.

Once school was over I hopped in my car. I threw my bag in the back seat and waited for the guys. They were coming through the school doors pushing each other around like the dumbasses they were. They got in the car and I drove off.

I pulled into the parking lot and hopped out of the car. Now you may be wondering where I am. Well lets just say some place normal teenage kids don't usually go to. As I entered the doors, Elisha waved to me and ran into the other room. She came back out carrying Lane.

When she saw me her eyes lit up. A smile made it's way to her beautiful face. Elisha handed Lane to me and then gave me the bag. I thanked her and walked out to my car. Lane was staring at me with her bright blue eyes. I placed her in her car seat and tickled her stomach.

"How's my little Princess today? Huh?" I said in a baby voice to her.

She let out a giggle and smiled at me. The guys both gave her an 'aww'. I chuckled and got back in the front seat. Max was in the back so he was playing with Lane the whole ride home. She was giggling every now and then when Max would make a face at her. The little giggle of hers made a smile etch on my face.

Once we arrived at my house I took Lane out of her seat and walked inside. My mom was sitting on the couch in the living room . She jumped up when she saw Lane in my arms. She was quick to take her and sit back down on the couch. A groan escaped my lips. I didn't even get to hold my princess for that long.

"Oh honey you will get her back in a second. I just have to my sure my granddaughter is doing ok." She said smiling down at Lane.

I chuckled and sat down next to my mom. She worked at some preschool in the next town over so she got home just before me. I guess preschoolers get out earlier. My dad was still at work. He worked at a big company and usually worked until late at night.

I rested my head on my mothers shoulder and closed my eyes. Lane started crying and my eyes popped open. I looked at Lane to figure out why she was crying. Nothing seemed wrong with her. maybe she was just hungry. She was usually hungry around this time.

I stood in front of my mom to grab her. She held her arms out towards me. I picked her up and held her in my arms. She immediately stopped crying. I let out a sigh and stroked her cheek with my finger. She let a little giggle escape her lips.

"Damn Axel, you're good with babies." Jake said.

I just shrugged my shoulders and sat back down with Lane in my arms. She was so tiny. It's hard to think that in just a little while she will be walking right out the door to the school bus. I squeezed her tighter to me. I can't loose this little girl.

Now Lane was not really in my plan of high school. She just kinda happened. Her mom was someone I hooked up with. It was a stupid mistake. Don't get me wrong, it gave me a beautiful thing in my life, Lane. I just wish that I could have had Lane with someone who I loved, and they loved me back, I wish Lane could have a mom and not just a dad. Her mom left when Lane was born. She didn't even want to have Lane but I convinced her that she needed to have her. I feel like I would be killing an innocent life if she had. So as soon as she came out, her mom was gone. I don't blame her though. Parenting is hard as fuck, even harder being at this alone and in high school.

The guys sat on the couch and watched some tv until it was time for them to go home. Once they did I fed Lane and got some food for myself. I went up to my room and sat on my bed with Lane next to me. She stared at me with her big blue eyes. I loved her so much.