Chapter 15: Rumors

I walk through the hallways, my eyes drooping as fuck. I was not in a good mood. Like pissed off mood. I have to go through all that crap with Arlo, I cried myself to sleep, I woke up almost late, drag John out of bed (which I didn't mind), and ran my ass all the way here.

Yep. Great fucking start.

"There you are!" I heard Gavin's voice rushing to me, "Eat this cripp-"

I dodge the attack without even looking, I drop all my stuff and shove him to a wall. In anger I grabbed his grey hair and push it, knocking the back of his head on the wall. I reared up my other hand and formed it into a fist and punch his face, ignoring the pain as his weak ability desperately tries to defend my incoming blows.

"Gah!" He glared at me, "You'll pay for-"

"Shut up..." I said in a monotone voice, and hit him again straight in the nose causing it to bleed, "I have no time for this. I already have too much BS in my life. It's better if you just leave me be." I let go of him and march off.

I can already see Gavin just glaring at me before deactivating his ability and walk off. Holding his bloody nose in the process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, rumors are spreading everywhere. I'm constantly hearing about Arlo being bruised up this morning. Surprisingly, I'm not in the picture.

"Bro, Arlo was bruised up when he enters the infirmary."

"Really? Arlo?! No way!"

"Yeah, I kinda heard the same thing!"

"Was he dethrone?"

"Nah, let's not jump to conclusion, maybe he just fell."

A dude scoff, "uh-huh. 'Fell'."

"And Blyke and Isen! They got their ass kicked as well!"

'Ah shit.' I winced, 'I forgot about those guys!'

"They said they got into a heated fight, it was no big deal." Another student waves them off.

'Phew... Wait... Those guys would've rat me out this instant. Why didn't they' I turn a corner and sigh.

"Aoi." I heard a voice behind me and see Elaine walking towards me.

"Elaine," I smile to her, "How are you?"

"Fine." She walks up to me, "So remember the text from yesterday?"

"Uh, yeah." I nodded, "What about?"

"Ventus and Meili's injuries... It's like, they attacked each other. What's worse... Other injuries they sustain, along with Blyke and Isen... I never saw an ability like that..."

'She must've meant my ability...' I wince.

"Do you know anything about it?" Elaine tilts her head.

"Elaine." I glare at her, "I just said it before. I was at my house."

"Hmph." She looked away before looking at me, analyzing my face. I kept up my poker face just to counteract her gaze, "Fine, I'll drop it... For now.

"Neat." I grin, before looking away. "... So Why are you like... Nice?"

"W-What?" Elaine looked at me in surprise, "What do you mean?"

"I'm just asking. Ever since the "Orange" incident-" We both blush at that, "You've been a bit nicer. You told Arlo a lie, saying that I was a bad guy over the Unordinary book incident, you didn't tell him the whole truth of what really happen. It's like you trust me-"