In Which the Hole Widens

My time here is coming to an end as I have all the pieces in place, now's the time to reveal what I'd been tasked to iron out so long ago. But, something unexpected has cropped up. As it turns out from my latest doctor visit, it's been revealed to me that I have uterine cancer. I can't possibly drop the bombshell on Mr. Bourne over the underhanded dealings that has been going on behind his back.
Someone needs to be there for him, as the betrayal will be great. Though I want to be the one who helps him through this hard time, I can't. I've packed up all my findings and all personal nick knacks and left.
My tiny apartment on the other side of town is paid up for the remainder of the year, as are all my bills. I can't worry over losing my dwelling while I fight cancer tooth and nail. When I recover, then I will hand over all documents pertaining to Bourne Inc. My only regret is not informing Jack on this turn of events. I hope he won't be too angry with me.
To be honest, this sickness is my fault. Had I took heed to the warnings my doctor gave me about my stress levels, I may not be in this shape. If not cancer, it'd be some other health scare. When I get invested into something, someone, it's until the end. I don't have the ability to weigh what's important and what isn't. Essentially, I'm what can be called an extremist. I believe my commitment to all that I do to be helpful and right even at the cost of my health. If I can't be of service, why bother living?
But, here I am readying myself to lose...something. I won't die, but if I do, I can at least attest to the fact that Dominic Bourne was the most attractive man at that soiree. I've never been good with men and men haven't been all that good to me, but if I were lesser of a lady, I would have given him the night of his life.
To watch that scowl turn in to a smile, I'd give the world to witness it. I know that won't happen, he wants me gone in all sincerity. Looks like his wish has been granted, be it temporarily.

I'm standing at my office window staring down at hidden figures on the sidewalk passing by when I am interrupted by the opening and slamming of my door.

"What have you done?!"

"What are you going on about?"

"Mikaela Boyd. What have you done to her?"

"Nothing yet, but I have my plans."

"Don't toy with me boy."

"For the last and final time, I don't know what you're talking about."

"She's gone. Just gone. Vanished into thin air."

I can clearly see Jack is truly distraught but this works in my favor. I smirk unabashedly. She tucked her tail and ran.

"Listen, I'm sure she'll show up somewhere, so don't worry too much."

"You don't understand, this is not like her. She doesn't just cut and run. Something has to be wrong."

"You didn't know her like you thought. Everyone has a dual nature." I assure.

"You ought to know because you've shitted on anyone you come in contact with since your ex-wife screwed you over. Unlike her, Mikaela isn't like your ex. No, she's a woman you hope and pray to have in your life. She is essential and above all else, she's to be cherished. Yet, you wouldn't know anything about that because you're too busy wrapped up in your own life to care about another's!"

"You don't barge into my office and speak to me this way. Don't forget who brought you on board." I threaten.

"I'm here because you asked me to be. You needed someone to watch your back and that's what I've been doing. You don't want me here? Fine. But this company can't exist without someone you trust. We'll see how long you last once I'm gone."

Jack storms out and I want to shave myself bald for shooting off my mouth. I can't speak for the relationship I don't have with Mikaela, but Jack was a different story. He's my stepfather, he's had my back since I can remember and lately all we seem to argue about is Mikaela. The only way to fix this growing debacle, is to find said woman and hash things over. She can't be too far, but where do I search first?