~Forty-Seven~

A/N: OK so there's no smut in this chapter, but there's still a little bit of risqué stuff in the first half of the chapter 😉 enjoy hehe

~Harry~

I was sitting in my studio alone that afternoon – scribbling away in my notebook and trying to hum possible tunes for my new song as I did so.

Me & Leah's first anniversary was coming up in two months, and it was the first time in a long time that I'm going to be celebrating being with someone for a whole year. Because of that, I want to make it extra-special for Leah – and one of the ways I could do that, I figured, was to write her a song as one of my anniversary presents to her.

I can normally complete songs pretty quickly – usually in a matter of weeks, or sometimes days, even. So, I honestly should've already have written hundreds of songs about Leah by now – but the reality was that even with how long we've been going out, I only have one – and it's still not even finished.

Don't get me wrong – it's not because I don't put much time into it. I've dedicated loads of attention to this song. So much, in fact, that there have even been times where I've tried to write it for hours on end – but then when the time came to look back on what I wrote, I ended up erasing almost all of it out, or even tearing the whole page out of my notebook – because no matter what lyrics I'd written down...it just never seemed good enough.

This song was Leah's, and it had to be perfect. I won't settle for writing anything but the best for her – and that's why it was taking me so much longer to write this than it had for any of my other songs.

Naturally, since the song was supposed to be a surprise, I couldn't write at home anymore with Leah in the house. I couldn't risk letting her see it before our anniversary. So, these days, I've been going to my studio to write it – and I've been leaving my notebook in the studio to make extra sure that Leah won't find the song too early. She's always dying to read through my unreleased songs – and while I'm usually fine with that...I can't let her this time.

I was jotting down lyrics quite quickly that afternoon – stopping every few minutes just to read them through and make sure they all sounded right together. Leah's name was in the song loads of times, but that was only temporary. Her name was just a placeholder – and I was gonna come up with a much better way to describe her before I made my final draft. And once I come up with it, I'll replace her name with it.

"I need an adjective..." I muttered to myself – tapping my pen against the table, "I need an adjective, or a metaphor..."

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone going off on the table beside my notebook – causing me to drop my eyes down to the screen to see what the alert was for.

1 New Message
Leah

I immediately felt a smile starting to spread across my face. Since I could see that her message was too long to be read in the message preview, I didn't bother to look and instead unlocked my phone straight away so that I could read her entire message.

Listening to 'Versace on the Floor'. Thinking of you now... ❤❤😍 xx

My smile quickly began morphing into a smirk.

Versace on the Floor, huh?

Chuckling to myself, I put my pen down and picked up my phone so that I could start tapping out a reply to her.

Baby let's just turn down the lights
And close the door
Ooh I love that dress
But you won't need it anymore
No, you won't need it no more
Let's just kiss 'til we're naked, baby