Chapter 33: Serene.

A black car waited at Andersons' hanger while Nicolas and Victoria's plane landed. Nicolas didn't know what to expect from the 2-day vacation that his father organized, then he asked Victoria about it, expecting her to be just as uninformed as he was.

"Your father and I have planned out the events for the weekend," she answered, "Don't stress about it, Nick. Though, we are on schedule, so we shouldn't waste time."

Nicolas didn't mind the lack of information he had for the weekend, but it bothered him that his own father kept him out of the topic.

The two were driven to a luxurious hotel where the building was tall, and the floors were crystal. After unpacking their luggage in their room, Victoria spoke, staring out of the window, "There's a car waiting for us outside," she turned around, a soft grin on her face, "We should get going."

...

They headed to the mall first, and it wasn't crowded, but it wasn't empty either. Two guards walked behind Nicolas and Victoria, though only really 'guarding' Henderson's daughter. It was a nice day, with the wind being fresh and the blue sky clear. Nicolas wasn't stressed and enjoyed that feeling, yet somehow still felt guilty.

Guilty that he felt at ease, whereas his assistant was probably feeling stressed from work.

Victoria headed into a clothing shop, the lights dimmed with blue LED lights hanging from the ceiling. Victoria smiled, turning to Nick, "I'm going to head over there," she pointed at the area where dresses were hung on the wall, "you can go ahead and look around, too. Don't be shy," she teased, nudging him. Nicolas smiled, nodding at her, and watching her walk away.

The music being played in the store relaxed Nick, hearing the classical tune while the customers walked around the store. It didn't seem fitting for the shop, considering what he heard was violins and piano - and what he saw were party dresses and outfits suitable for a high school gathering. He sighed, shoving his tanned hands into the pockets of his jeans, and walking towards a shelf to the right. He gazed slightly at where Victoria went, seeing her and her guards chatting as they eyed a red dress.

Nicolas felt ill to his stomach, feeling uneasy. He cleared his throat, turning back to the shelf in front of him.

His eyes were fixed on a stack of shirts, tilting his head a bit. Despite that, his mind was spiraling into a domain of Deja Vu. With the store being dimmed, and the classical sound that was being played... Nicolas couldn't help but recall a memory he's been keeping at the back of his head.

Back at the donation party where the kitchen was dimmed, and chatter mixed with soft music. Nicolas was in a trance-like state during his time at the donation party just like he was now... standing at the side of the store, staring at the stack of shirts with the party in his mind. He can almost taste the alcoholic drink he had with Seven.

He blinked before coming to his senses, realizing how dumb he probably looks staring at some shirts. He stepped to the left, coming across some ties hanging on the wooden, brown wall. His eyes were caught by a navy blue tie, bringing another memory to his mind. His eyes widened, his hand lifting to grab the end of the cloth, feeling the soft fabric until it reached the end of his fingertips. Nicolas's throat stiffened, frowning at the sight.

The sight... of the blue tie.

The day after the party, Nicolas woke up naked, cold, and alone. It didn't bother him, though. It wasn't a new thing where he slept with someone, and it was a one-night stand. It also wasn't surprising that he woke up with no memory of the night before. With the raging headache that he felt that morning, nothing crossed his mind. It wasn't until he got off the bed and stepped on a piece of cloth that the memories of that night started coming back to him.