Alex ( 6 )

We landed at camp and Ty told me to follow him. As we walked through the camp people made faces and started whispering to one other. It seemed like Ty didn't see them as he kept walking.

We stopped at a medium-sized cabin with a large stable next to it.

"Your the second rider to be chosen so you get the option of which cabin you want, but this one has the biggest stable and Athena is a Flamezephyr so she will get pretty big pretty fast

"Your the second rider to be chosen so you get the option of which cabin you want, but this one has the biggest stable and Athena is a Flamezephyr so she will get pretty big pretty fast. So I suggest you take this one.", Ty said.

"Thank you, Ty, it's perfect."

"Anytime. Tomorrow I want to meet Alex the other dragon rider okay."

"Okay."

"I will see you in the morning. My cabin is just down this path if you need me." Ty said before waving goodbye and walking off.

I entered my new home with Athena on my shoulder. When I opened the door I was met with a small but very cozy sitting room and in the back was a kitchen fully stocked with food and other things.

I walked up the stairs to the 2nd floor and enter the bedroom. Athena jumped off my shoulder and laid on the pillow. I soon joined her after I unpacked my duffel bag and took off my shoes. As I laid on the bed I heard paper crinkling. I reached into my pocket and pull a note. The note was signed with only a name:

Sardis <3

I had forgotten he had given it to me. I felt guilty for keeping it, but I folded it up and put it on the nightstand.

I was confused as I tried to sleep, but one thing I knew for sure was I had a had a choice to make. My thought raced as darkness pulled me into a sleep like death.

. . .

I woke up to something heavy on my chest. My eyes shot open to see Athena on my chest looking up at me with her big Amber eyes. I gently pushed her off and got dressed.

Athena got up and preached herself on my shoulder like a parrot

"Aren't you just a cutie?" I said bopping her snot.