End

Hermione's POV - Ten Years Later

"Kids, time to get up!" I called, knocking on their bedroom doors. "Get ready for Hogwarts!"

Slowly, bedroom doors began to open, so I rushed downstairs to check on breakfast.

"Draco, is breakfast ready yet?" I asked, coming into the kitchen.

"Did you take your pills yet?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"No, I'll go get-"

"No, I'll get them. I know how you are with skipping your anxiety pill," he stated, moving the the cupboard and pulling out five pill bottles.

He got each dose out and placed them in my hand. Not all the pills were for anxiety, of course. My health had been declining over the years. The lack of eating and constant blood loss was finally taking it's toll on me. Not to mention the disease that caused me to faint at the slightest fear. I had yet to overcome that one. I quickly downed the medicine before I repeated my previous question.

"Is breakfast almost done?"

"Almost. Can you start dishing plates?"

I skipped to the cupboard and drew eight plates. I put two eggs, a piece of toast, three pieces of bacon, and half an orange in each plate. The kids slowly started to gather into the kitchen and sit at the table.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked no one in particular.

No one replied, as they were all beginning to doze at the table. I laughed and started to hand kids their plates.

"Rose, Charissa, Jared, James, Harrison, and Austin," I listed, giving each child a meal.

This was one of my favorite days for the kids. They all get to go to Hogwarts.

"Eat fast," Draco ordered, "we will need to leave soon."

"Come help me bring their trunks to the floo?" I asked leaning on his shoulder.

"They're all old enough-"

"Please..."

He sighed and finally agreed. Really, I just wanted to get him alone.

When we went upstairs, I stopped Draco beside our "wall of family", which was a wall full of pictures of all the kids we fostered.

Every single picture was in order from the first child we ever had to the last. Scorpius was the first, and so far, Rose was the last.

"We have such a big family," I muttered.

"I can't wait for it to grow," he replied just as quietly.

I placed a hand on his back, shocked when he flinched away from my hand.

"Draco, what is it?" I rushed.

He smirked a little and pulled up the back of his shirt. My cheeks lit on fire when I saw the deep nail marks in his back from the night before.

"I didn't want to say anything until the kids left, but you figured it out," he said smugly. "Was I too rough last night?"

"I'll clip my nails next time."

He barked a laugh.

"Alright, love, let's go get the trunks."

~*~*~

"Alright everyone, get on the train. Hurry!" Draco rushed the kids as the horn blew on the train.

They all got on quickly and waved when they found their seats. I leaned on Draco and purposely put my hand on his back. He smirked as he waved to the leaving train.