t h i r t y s e v e n

"Mama," Zara pulls at my top pointing at a top that hands on the rack. "pink!"

"Good job, baby," I nod. Taking it off the rack I hold it in front of her. "This would go beautiful on you under those little overalls your wearing. But remember miss, we aren't hear to shop for us but a special gift to give Aunty Gi because she's coming to town!"

"Wunty Gi!" Zara claps nodding excitedly.

As I stare at her I realise how much she looks like Micah. How many traits they have in common. And it hits me on how much this actually hurts.

I spent so long getting over what he did to me, heartbroken with his child. Then I'm fine and like his specialty he crashed into my life and ruins everything, my morals, my safety.

"Now, we know Aunty Gi likes to drink her unusual flavours of tea. What a weird trait isn't it, baby."

"Mm," Zara nods. Walking a through the isles I find a tea set with unusual flavours in it. Sure enough Grace will enjoy it. Despite going for one item I end up with a few more. At the checkout, Zara makes a fuss about being hungry.

"Once we pay we can go get yogurt okay, baby?"

"Now mama," she pouts, crossing her arms. I take my bag and thank the lady at the counter. I sigh taking her out of the shopping cart and pulling her into my arms.

"Naughty girl, you need to learn to be patient." She frowns leaning her head against my shoulder. "You're lucky I love you baby."

Heading to the frozen yogurt store in the food court I fill up the cup with mixed berry yogurt and some fresh berries on top with a few white chocolate drops sprinkled on top. Finding a seat I put my shopping bag on the floor to feed Zara.

♔♔♔

"Wunty Gi!" Zara jumps up and down, "huh! Wewiot!!"

"Zara!" Elliot jumps up looking at her with wide eyes. She laughs topping over on the floor, purposely grabbing his attention. Elliot picks her up swinging her in the air. "My favourite and only niece who isn't truly my niece."

I roll my eyes hugging Grace, "I've missed you both. How've you been?"

"We've been great. We miss coming down to see our favourite baby so often."

"And we miss our two favourite people coming along to the beach and missing out on all the drama that has happened since we last talked."

"All the drama?" Grace grabs my hand pulling me into the couch, "fill me in, love, fill me in now. I need to know what's been happening with my favourite girls in the world."

Elliot goes off in the corner to play with Zara. "Well I was at the beach with Zara and I took her up for a shower and sat her down but the silly girl.. she walked off and then I found her standing with someone. Someone you'll never be able to guess who."

"Gosh tell me. If it was some famous man you should have got his number."

"She was with her dad."

"Her dad?" She asks. "Micah?"

"Unless someone else secretly got me pregnant with Zara.. yes, Micah."

"What did he want?" Grace frowns.

"He took us to lunch, we fought. I was walking to pick up Zara and he followed. I had to stay back late at work and he was there.. I asked him to pick her up and he did. I think he wants to be her father."

Grace sighs, "Rose, don't let him. You know what will happen if you do get close if you let him care for her. Please don't."

"Grace, I don't want him back. I got everyone I need already. In saying that, Zara and I got you a gift."Heading the the kitchen I grab the wrapped present, placing it in her lap. "I hope you like it."

"And what did I tell you about getting me gifts?"

"Open it," I hit her arm softly.

Grace playfully rolls her eyes ripping the coloured paper, she smiles skimming the flavours of tea. "Oo, this is just beautiful, I needed a new tea holder as well, my other is full."

"Except this one holds tea as well so holding all your extras will be very difficult."

"True," she nods putting it down.

"Zara I never got a hug!" Grace looks at her, placing her arms on her waist. Zara laughs, hiding behind Elliot. "Oh I get it you like the boyfriend better than the greatest Aunt of all time, come her you little munchkin."

"No!" Zara grabs Elliot's arm.

"Babe, I know it's hard that kids realise your scary and like me better."

"Oh you little prick, Elliot. I'm Zara's favourite."

"You guys we both crazy," I lean back in the couch. "Just take the child away I need to have my feet up."

The second I say it, the doorbell has to ring. Sighing I get up again, "keep quiet all you children."

Unlocking the door I pull it open. "Rose," Micah looks at me. "Hey."

Stepping out I shut the door behind me, "what are you doing here, Micah? I have people over, you shouldn't be here."

"Elliot I will strangle you! You're going to break something! Stop running!" Grace shouts, "after you drop her on the head and she is dumb in her life we know who to blame."

"Who dropped you on your head?" Elliot laughs, "cause your pretty dumb."

"Grace! She's a child don't threaten us with a knife!"

I cover my mouth trying not the laugh. "Rose don't stand near the door!" Stepping to the side Elliot comes running through holding Zara who is in tears from laughing. Grace comes next, but after a few steps she stops. "Should I threaten him with a knife as well?" She asks, holding it up.

"Hun, he can hear you."

"Rose, that wasn't my question."

"Maybe Elliot was right, who dropped you on your head? Wait- no remember when we played volleyball?"

A loud laugh comes from below us. "You two played volleyball?"

"Gosh Grace, go chase him around."

Grace sighs and runs down the stairs. "Sorry about that," I bite my lip, folding my arms over my chest. "They've been sitting in a car for over six hours to come here. What did you want?"

"I'll come back another day."

"Wait, stop. What did you want?" I sigh.

"What do you think I'm here for?" He asks rubbing his jaw. I sigh shaking my head.

"Mummy," Zara jumps up the last step, "mummy, Wewiot, me dr-aw?"

"Of course, baby. Good manners."

"You must be the ex," Elliot nods standing next to me. "Geez I didn't think he'd have that many tattoos."

"Why do you people think he can't hear you when you talk."

"I'm Elliot," he puts his hand forward.

Micah takes it, "Micah. Zara's dad." Grace scoffs, grabbing Micah's attention.

"Just wondering, haven't seen you around, where you've been?" Elliot questions.

"I live over in Italy," Micah glances back at me.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" I bite my lip. Grace rolls her eyes, pulling Elliot back into the apartment. "I have to say, I am sorry about them, they only care."

okay I get there's a million mistakes in this book but like you don't need to comment it all the time xx

guys we are so close to 300k and it's been such a short time!!