TWENTY FIVEㅡDEFAMATION

a few weeks after

whatever taehyung was expecting to happen during the school day ended up being completely forgotten by the time lunch rolled around.

first, seokjin seemed off, but in an awkward wayㅡas if he was hiding something (and then when he was done freaking out on taehyung for asking so many questions, he disappeared for two class periods straight).

secondly, hoseok fell asleep during their third period class, and then proceeded to...wet...his pants while he was out.

now here they were at lunch, and jimin and yoongi were nowhere to be seen. which was strange in itself, seeing as after yoongi found out hoseok and jimin were a thing, he avoided all and any contact with the couple.

"i think we're the only ones acting normal here," jeongguk had whispered to taehyung and namjoon during lunch. "the rest of the school has been whack today. is there a solar eclipse we don't know about that's affecting everyone's behavior?"

"probably," namjoon grunted as he took a bite of his salad. "if that were to even be logical."

taehyung frowned at the table. he was slightly dissatisfied with the conversation. "hey, i actually think i'm gonna go look for jimin. maybe i'll find yoongi along the way."

"do you want me to go with you?" jeongguk asked, placing a hand on taehyung's knee, who shook his head in response.

"no, thank you. if it weren't for the fact that i haven't had a proper conversation with jimin in a while, i might have taken you up on your offer, but that's not the case." taehyung stood, waving at both boys. "thank you, though!"

he pushed open the heavy cafeteria doors and was immediately met with the sound of jimin's mother reprimanding her son coming from down the hall. that was easy, taehyung thought to himself as he followed the sounds of what could only be an angry mother.

taehyung frowned when he discovered it lead him to the closed door of jimin's mom's classroom, and it sounded like his orange-haired friend was in more trouble than he had suspected. as much as he wanted to intrude, he settled on eavesdropping instead, hoping that things weren't serious enough to the point that he would have to step in.

he peeked into the room and, luckily for him, jimin's mom was too focused on jimin to notice the door had opened behind her.

however, a slight disheveled yoongi noticed taehyung, mouthing the words 'don't get involved'.

jimin, who's shirt was unevenly buttoned and hair messy, choked back a sob. "mom, no, i didn't- being gay isn't a choice, mom!"

"you think i'm pissed because of your sexuality? hell no. if it wasn't for the circumstances that i found out, i wouldn't be yelling at you right now," his mom said. "you had sex on school property, jimin. better yet, in your mother's classroom!"

jimin looked at the ground in guilt. "it's not the first time i've had sex on school grounds."

taehyung had to hold his hand over his mouth to keep from shouting in surprise. (it took all of my power not to write "taehyung was shook on so many levels")

"excuse me?"

a hand latched onto taehyung's elbow, tugging him gently out of the room. yoongi shut the door behind them, sighing. "let's just leave them be, okay? jimin's already upset enough having his mother know-"

"do you know how hoseok will probably feel?" taehyung knew it probably wasn't the best thing to ask, and he could tell by yoongi's facial expression that he should've kept his mouth shut, but for some reason, he couldn't hold back from asking.

yoongi ran a hand through his hair, breathing heavily through his nose. "i know. just- i don't know how it happened, okay? i wanted to talk to jimin and fix things so we could all be friends again, but i ended up fucking him."

"he's had sex in school before?"

there you go again, taehyung, asking more questions.

"yeah, with hoseok." yoongi scoffed. "i thought you knew this already."

he paused before looking at up yoongi. "do you think jimin's mom is just gonna let get this go since it technically involves her too? i mean, he is her son."

"i doubt she would want to, but it looks like she might have to." yoongi pulled the younger down the hall. "this school is really big on the whole 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree' idea, and if her son gets suspended for having sex on school grounds, you can only imagine the label that will be placed on her. it could cost her a job, if people start to believe the rumors to be true."

"what do you think is gonna happen?" taehyung asked, but this time he was much quieter and his tone was more calm than it was rushed.

"jimin is gonna be in some major shit, if it weren't for the fact jimin is in a relationship with one of my best friends, i'd probably be off scott-free. but i think i'm gonna just own up to my mistakes and tell hoseok. i'll accept whatever the consequence is and-"

at that moment, the classroom door slammed shut, and a puffy-eyed jimin walked quickly in their direction, wiping at his eyes.

"i-i got my phone taken away until graduation a-and i'm on house arrest for two months. also, n-no hanging out with friends until my mom says it's okay. just thought i-i'd let you know," he stammered before hiding his face and taking off down the hall again.

taehyung grabbed onto jimin's sleeve. "wait, chimmy-"

the latter tugged his arm away from taehyung. "i'll see you at school tomorrow. 'm sorry i won't be able to hang out with you guys as often. tell everyone else i went home sick."

jimin walked away, his feet carrying him faster than taehyung had ever seen jimin walk. he turned to see whay yoongi was thinking/feeling about the situation, but the older was already gone.

taehyung didn't realize it now, but the sound of the clock ticking just down the corridor was probably trying to warn him of all of the things, each as bad as this (or maybe worse), about to happen.

he wished he had known earlier.

that ending sounded spoooky but it rly isn't ?

anyway , act one is ending soon !! i might take a break from publishing this after i finish act one so that i'll have time to get act two better planned out & written !!!