Chapter 3

Edited.
CHAPTER 3

I ignored all the whispers that trailed in the atmosphere as I pulled my hood over my head trying to hide my face before I scurried into the gates of my high school.

I must not have used enough foundation to cover up the bruises which I had gotten from last night. Although I believed, If I had gone any further then my face would have resembled a cake.

I sighed frustrated when I saw one of the girls whispering something to her friend as she kept her eyes fixed on me with such disdain that it also seemed to influence her friend.

I swear to god, these kids had no degree of deference within them. They were hopeless.

I was known as the mysterious, mess-with-her-and-get-your-ass-handed-back-to-you girl, around here. No one had dared to talk to me. When I mean no one, I legitimately mean no one. Even the flies would not dare to fly in my way.

But I always seemed to find my way into their pretentious talks.

No one knew about the null retention that I had underground. But the mysterious nasty bruises I always seemed to wear made them think otherwise.

I always settled in dark hoodies and a pair of jeans for school hoping to blend in. But that just seemed to exacerbate the situation considering my reputation here.

I was a nerd who mostly had AP classes that people considered rather ignominious. That took another imposition to add to the Stay-away-from-Blaire list.

I didn't really encourage myself to make friends here. So it wasn't a problem to attend school if I succeeded in ignoring the disturbing whispers and rumors about me.

I lamentably frowned, thinking about them.

Some said I was suicidal. Some said I was a Satanist. Some even asserted I was an insatiable sex toy to a lucrative man who would punish me by beating me up when I didn't please him enough!

I mean come on! The next thing you know they might as well assume that I was possessed by a demon!

I shook my head as mirth seemed to take over me. I plopped myself in my seat and secured the hood once again in place before I closed my eyes waiting for the teacher to come.

I made sure I had all the books I needed before I shut my locker. I stuffed in the books in my bag and scanned my surrounding at the deserted corridor.

I had volunteered to watch the last of the paperwork in the office with a doctrine to stay away from my house; Away from my abusive step-dad.

I sighed and pulled out the chain. That I had on my neck ever since I could remember. I couldn't help but scorn at the price of ornament every member of the Behdad family and followers had sworn to wear. But my intentions were truly out of force I revived. I had no desire to wear such an unadorned vintage.

I played with the long chain as I strutted along the isolated corridor.

I pushed open the door of the building and headed towards the gates of the campus. I turned right, heading towards my house as slowly as I could have.

Suddenly a hand snaked around my waist while the other pressed into my mouth to muffle my voice.

I was tauted into a nearby dark alley before smashed against a wall with my hands above my head and the stranger's knee between my legs.

I tried to get out of their hold only to earn an unmitigated fail.

Crap.

I peeked open one of my eyes slowly to be greeted by grey eyes staring right back at me with a tint of mischief and mirth that swirled in the pair.