74- The Funeral

When Bill woke he seemed okay, other than the scars marring his face.

"We match now," Venus grinned at him. She had been spending a lot of time in the hospital wing because Neville still hadn't been released.

Bill had been coming back to the Hospital wing for regular check ups since the attack to make sure that his wounds didn't become infected.

Dumbledore's funeral was a few days later. It was one of the saddest events that Venus has ever attended. Almost everyone cried.

Hundreds of witches and wizards flocked into Hogsmead to attend the funeral. Members of the Order of the Phoenix all arrived, along with many other notable witches and wizards.

School finished early and they were all sent home straight after the funeral.

"I'll see you in September," Venus bid Mali goodbye at the train station when Mali spotted her father.

"I don't know about that." Mali said solemnly.

"Why?" Ginny asked. Ginny had been subdued all the way home as Harry had broken up with her after the funeral for some stupid noble reason.

"With the way things are heading," Mali glanced around, "I don't know if it will be safe for me to come back next year." She was right, everyone knew that Voldemort was getting closer to taking over the ministry, and if he succeeded then all muggleborns would be at his mercy. Mali included.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Venus pulled Mali into a tight hug.

"I guess I'll see you guys," Mali said sadly as she headed off to her dad.

"And you." Venus turned around to speak to Neville, "you're coming to Bill and Fleur's wedding right?"

Neville had been well enough to make it to Dumbledore's funeral with help from Venus and Luna, and was currently leaning heavily on a crutch.

"I think so." Neville nodded.

"Promise me that you'll stay safe." Venus asked him.

"Only if you promise the same."

Venus rolled her eyes and pulled him into a kiss.

"Venus we've got to go!" Ginny said awkwardly.

"Yeah," Venus hugged Neville, "I'll see you soon."

She dashed off towards where Sirius, Molly and Arthur were waiting for them.

********

"Home sweet home," Venus grinned as she lugged her trunk up the winding stairs of the Burrow, with Ginny following being her, also huffing as she too pulled her trunk.

"You know you could help us, Ron," Ginny glared down at Ron, who was laughing as he levitated his own trunk.

"But this is far more amusing," Ron grinned.

"I'll be Seventeen in October, then I'm going to knock you down these stairs with my trunk," Venus finally got her trunk onto the landing that her and Ginny's bedroom was on.

"I can't wait Ve," Ron passed the two of them, still snorting with laughter.

"Don't worry, when we can do magic outside of school, I'll hex him," panted Ginny.

"Not if I hex him first," Venus pulled open the door, and they pulled their school things into their bedroom.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx