Epilogue

I know most of you aren't going to read this but I have to get it out.

This past year and two months have been amazing as I wrote this story. It's 40 chapters and nearly 300 pages on microsoft word making it my longest story I've ever written. It's also the most popular, earning spots on the 'What's Hot' list and almost 200,000 reads, WOW.

I really want to say thank you for sticking with me for this long time and all the comments, votes, and support that you gave me. We've been through some rough times (IE being plagiarized...) and yet here we are on the very last chapter. You've made me really believe in my abilities of writing and hopefully--far into the future--I will edit and publish this if I continue on writing.

Now here it is: The epilogue. I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out and I think you'll be too :)

_____________________________

Six year later…

The music pumped into me as I danced to the beat. The screaming crowd didn’t even make me nervous anymore but rather made me excited. Like I was the star of the show. But I wasn’t and I was okay with that.

When the final song was over, I left the stage with the other backup dancers. I practically ran into the little girl with dark brown pigtails who was prancing around.

“Crimson!” Her father, none other than Nate Cameron, scolded her. “Don’t run into Peyton. You need to calm down because when we get back to the hotel, you’re going to sleep.”

Crimson stopped spinning and pouted. “But daddy—“

“No. Kyla is already sleeping, why can’t you be?”

“Because Kyla is only two years old, daddy!”

Nate Cameron rolled his eyes but then held open his arms when his wife—the singer who I dance for—Avery Cameron came up from the stage with her band Maximum.

“Good job, guys,” she grinned and pecked her husbands lips. Avery and I were friends and for being famous, she was actually pretty cool. I couldn’t help but feel jealous when I saw how much her and her husband loved each other. She told me their story, how she hated him when he left her band, their boarding school days, and then them finally getting together. “And a great finish to the tour! The plane for California leaves early tomorrow morning. If you’re not on time, you’re not getting on.”

I grinned at her bluntness and packed my stuff in my bag before heading out the back door with some of the other backup dancers for Maximum and into the limo for us. After attending Julliard I spent some extra time in New York training at a dance studio, which coincidentally was being shared with the same studio where Avery and everyone else in her band happened to be recording. She saw me dancing and we talked, almost instantly becoming friends, and she offered me a spot to dance backup for her. After a ton of paperwork, I was officially in.

I’ve only been home once or twice for a few days in the six years that I’ve been gone. I never had a solid relationship with my parents so just staying with them was awkward considering how Dillon was off at his own college. I’ve seen him more, going down and staying with him and his roommate in his dorm. Never once since the time of that party have I seen Jace. I thought about him constantly, thinking about how pathetic I was for still liking him after all these years.

We got to the hotel and I immediately went to my room and fell asleep. I was going back home after that really long tour with Maximum and staying in California until I get a solid, nonmoving job. I also happened to be going home on a very important date: Alyssa and Dillon’s wedding.