Bruised

Kassandra's POV

I held Aliana in my arms as Fen and Scar came roaring back through the holes in the wall that they had been thrown.

When Fen saw an unconscious Aliana in my arms he let out a loud growl and rushed to her side and started sniffing her and whinning.

"We need to move." Scar said indicating the large hole in the wall that was still open to space. I nodded and stood with her in my arms and moved towards the door, it opened and the air that was outside of the room was sucked out, we hurried through the door and it sealed behind us. I released the energry form from around us all and we started walking away from the destruction.

"I have no idea where to go." I tell them as we walk down the corridor with no real destinaton in mind. People were running up and down looking panicked and some are screaming for loved ones but we just contined on in silence.

"In here." Fen said when we came to a door at the end of the corridor. The door slid open to reveal a room similar to our last one but this time in a royal blue. I walked into the room and placed Aliana down on the bed. Brushing the hair off of her face, I lean over and kiss her forehead praying for her to wake up soon.

I walked out of the bedroom and joined the others in the sitting room and slumped down on the couch.

"What happened?" I asked no one in particular. Fen lowered his head and whined but other than that no one said anyting.My mind was working furiously with what had just happened. Aliana was injured and had almost lost a fight. To say I was in shock would be an understatement.

How was that even possible, who was the strange man who she had fought and what exactly did he mean about dark and light factions?

 I was pulled out of my thoughts by the front door sliding open and a oblivious General walking in. He made it to the room door without noticing us but as soon as he was about to open the door he froze and turned around slowly.

If the situation wasn't so serious I would have laughed at his expression, his eyes we're wide with shock and his mouth kept opening and closing like a fish out of water.

The general shook his head violently before he spoke.

"How did you get into my quarters!?" He said between clenched teeth.

"We walked in." I said but it sounded more like a question.

His eyes darted around the room as if he was searching for someone before they settled back on me.

"You need a code in order to get in here, so how did you get in?" He said moving away from the door and stalking towards me with and angry expression.

Fen and Scar immediately moved in front of me and blocked him, they growled at him and he took a few steps back.

"Where is that other one?" He said glaring at them, then looking around the room again before he swung around to face the bedroom. Fen dashed in front of the room door and sat down growling, daring the General to get closer.

"She's resting." I told him with a straight face.

"In my room!?" He shouted, swinging back to me and taking a step forward but Scar's growling moved him back.

"Our room was destroyed during the battle and we needed a place for her to rest." I tell him.

"And you just happened to choose my quaters!?" He shouts and I nod my head.

"What's wrong with her, I thought she was all powerful?" He sneered and Fen immediately stood up and began snarling at him.

"We'll after we saved your sorry asses, we still had a little more fighting to do." Fen growled out while stalking towards the General.

We were keeping the fight that happened between Aliana and the mystery being to ourselves.

"Seems she couldn't handle a little fight." The Greneral said smirking at an angry Fen.

"I can handle a little fight General, if I remember correctly it was you that was on the ground helpless earlier." A cold voice said from the direction of the room.

I sprang up out of my seat as everyone's head snapped towards Aliana who was standing in the doorway looking bored. The bruises that had covered her body were healing and if I wasn't looking so closely I would have said nothing was wrong with her.

But I could see a healing bruise right under her collar.

The General glared at her, but does nothing to deny her words.

"This is our room now, leave." She tells him and his mouth drops open.

"W-what?'" He sputters with his eyes wide.

Her cold gaze locks on him and he lowers his eyes to the floor.

"Leave." She says in a deadly voice and he flinches back, but stops and straightens to his full height to glare at her again.

"You can't ask to leave my own quarters!" He shouts sounding furious.

"Lucky thing I'm not asking you isn't it." She says moving away from the room door and coming to my side as the Generals eyes track her every movement.

"I'm not leaving my quarters because you told me too." He gritted out.

Aliana stepped away from me and moved towards the now nervous looking General and stopped directly in front of him. Leaning forward she whispered something in his ear that had him paling and shuffling away from her so fast that he almost tripped over his own feet.

 He backed away until he was to the door all the while keeping his eyes on Aliana. When he reached the door he didn't turn away, he reached his hand out and the door opened and he walked out backwards until it slid shut again.

Aliana turned back to me but was stopped by Fen who tackled her to the ground and was growling fiercly at her.

Scar and I we're so shocked that we didn't even think to move.

"Why did you do it Ali!?" Fen shouted fiercly in her face but Aliana's expression never changed and that seemed to make Fen angrier.

He stood up and waited until she stood as well then attacked her, snapping his jaws at her neck but she moved away. He swipped his claws at her and she flipped onto his back and wrapped her arms around his neck as he fought to throw her off.  She held on tight and kept putting pressure on his throat until his front legs gave out and they crashed to the ground.

Scar whined and growled besides me as we watched the two of them fight.

"Why Ali?" Fen whispered in a broken voice as Aliana released him but he stayed down.

I watched the two of them, also wanting to know how Aliana had been defeated. I watched as Aliana looked down at Fen with a shocking look of sadness on her face as she whispered in a small voice.

"I was afraid."