Chapter 4

Caitlyn's POV:

The weekend went by way too quickly, and before I knew, my alarm was going off at 6am on a Monday. I sighed, pulling myself up from my bed and slowly walking to the bathroom to get in the shower. My hand lazily reached to turn on the shower, and I waited for a while before actually getting in so that it could warm up. After a while, I stepped into the shower. With the warm water hitting me, I reached for the soap and washed my body before washing my hair and getting out of the shower.

The bathroom was cold when I got out of the warm shower, and I shivered as I grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body. The warm shower had managed to wake me up slightly, I didn't feel so tired and lazy. After walking back into my room and sitting down on my bed, I grabbed my hair brush and started brushing through the knots in my hair. Then, I brushed my teeth and washed my face and went downstairs to have breakfast before I would finish getting ready.

When I walked into the kitchen, my mum and dad were already up. My dad was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and a slice of toast infront of him, in his work clothes and my mum was leaning against the kitchen counter with a cup of tea in her hands, her light pink dressing gown around her body.

"Morning hunny!" my mum said.

"Morning." I replied, picking up the loaf of bread and putting a slice of bread in the toaster.

"Are you going food shopping today?" I asked my mum. There was hardly any food in the cupboards or in the fridge.

"Yes, why, what do you want me to buy?" she replied.

"Some nice food." I told her, taking my toast from the toaster and spreading some butter onto it. I put it onto a plate and walked over to the table, opposite my dad.

"Any good lessons today Caitlyn?" my dad asked me, sipping his tea.

"Hmm, not really." I replied. "I have english and maths, but I can't really remember any of my other lessons. I think I have art?" I said, not really sure if I was right or not.

"Oh, sounds like an okay day." he replied.

I just nodded and looked over at the clock. It was 6:50. I usually leave for school at 8am, I really don't know why I get up so early.

"I'm gonna go and finish getting ready!" I said, putting my plate in the sink before walking back upstairs to get ready.

I opened up my wardrobe, and after looking for a while, I pulled out a pair of blue denim skinny jeans and a loose grey sweater. After putting the clothes on, I walked over to my dressing table and brushed through my hair again before straightening it. I put on a small amount of foundation and some mascara and then pulled my hair over my shoulders and standing up. I put on my white converse and picked up my phone and then shool bag, pushing it over my shoulder and walking down the stairs.

"I'm leaving now!" I called out.

My mum appeared in the kitchen doorway seconds later.

"Okay, bye hunny, have a good day at school!" she told me.

'Yeah, right' I thought.

I opened the door and began the long walk to school.

__________________________________

When I got to school, I looked down at the floor as I hurriedly walked past the school gates and into school. I walked straight upstairs and into the library. Sitting down at a chair, I opened my bag and looked through it before I found my timetable. Today I have maths, art, english, PE and then history. Sighing, I put my timetable back in my bag and put the bag on the floor, then leaning back into the chair. Theres 15 minutes until I have to go to maths. Then I remembered that Mr Smith was giving me someone to tutor today. My thoughts drifted to who I would be tutoring, until I heard a bell.

I picked up my bag and started walking to maths, with my head down incase I passed by Luke or his friends.

"Move!" a boy said, pushing past me. I smacked into the wall, and recovered quickly, walking away. When I arrived at my maths class, I pushed the door open and walked towards my seat. My teacher had seated me at the front of the class, which I hated because all the people behind me would throw things at me. They all don't like me mainly because of Luke, which is another reason why I hate Luke.

An hour of algebra sums later, Mr Smith dismissed the class, but called me back.

"Could I quickly speak to you please, Caitlyn?" he asked me.

"Yes of course." I said, picking up my bag and walking over to him.

"So I asked some of the other teachers, and they gave me a list of people for you to tutor." he started.

"Oh thats great!" I said.

"Okay so you'll be tutoring, wait a minute." he said, picking up a piece of paper. His finger ran down the paper and it stopped in the middle.
"Luke Hemmings." he finished.

What? My heart started beating rapidly in my chest. I stood there frozen. My worst nightmare was coming true. What would I do?

"Caitlyn?" Mr Smith asked, probably because I was standing here not talking and looking like I was crazy.

"O-okay, th-thanks." I managed to say before walking quickly to the door. I pushed it open and ran straight to the toilets. I slid down the wall, and sat there on the floor, trying to get my heart to beat normally again. But the more I thought about it, the more worried I was getting, the more my heart was beating.

I am going to be tutoring my bully, Luke Hemmings.