Chapter 2 - Arriving (Edited)

Rose POV:
"Rose darling, wake up, "

"Five more minutes, " I groaned.

"Rose, we're here wake up! "

I snapped my eyes open as it hit me. The moving, the plane, the creepy town. Everything. I groaned internally while thinking ' I really have to do it don't I? '

Why me?! Why did he have to wake me up from my perfectly good dream? What did I ever do to him?

Back to reality.

We got off the plane and walked through the airport which was small and less crowded then any other airport I had ever been into.

"Wow! I guess no one likes to leave or enter this town... Huh, " my dad said with a confused look on his face.

Really dad?-Really? It was hard for me to contain my eye roll because I am pretty sure no one wants to come here unless they want to commit suicide. Besides, no one would leave because probably they were threatened by the criminals. I mean where is the fun in destroying a town with no one in it?

However, I just said blankly not wanting him to sense any nervousness .

"Yeah, I guess so. I have no idea why, "

We got out of the airport and into a taxi cab that was waiting for us outside. I was very anxious to see this town and the location of our house for the next year.

Through the ride, while looking outside the moving vehicle, I figured out that the town was really small. Not that I expected it to be more than that. It would have felt welcoming and cosy except for the fact that it looked old and forgotten.

It had only one school which means that all of the town folks and their children know each other and would probably sence a new family in town. Yay...

As far as I know, it had two hospitals, one was located two blocks away from the airport. I didn't see the other one, but I read from one of the three street signs nailed to a metal pole that there should be a hospital six miles to the left .

However, the things that I frequently saw, other than the rusty old blue street signs, were restaurants, cafés, parks, play grounds, side walks, malls... Maybe people here really like hanging out.

What was fascinating was that the town was literally in the middle of the forest. Although there was lack of tree sighting inside the town, it was obvious that the town was drowned in an ocean filled with them.

The streets possessed the color of faded black. The white-I guess-side walks were now gray due to thick layer of dust carried by the wind . It had no shame modeling the wrinkles and showing us how many years it lifted us off the ground through the cracks and the broken bricks that are just laying there retired.

The houses were complement to the streets. Faded colors and reminders to how much they have held on to throughout the years . Each house had a similar structure to the other, yet their ages led them apart.

Almost what seemed like half an hour drive, we pulled over and paid for the taxi driver and continued our way to the drive way. Our house, on the other hand, was a bit modern. Small and simple.

It was a one story house. Short grass surrounded the entire property then it got replaced by the woods.

We finally walked inside and it was, ordinary. There was a living room to the left with a flat TV on the top counter. What looked like a dinning room ahead of me. The kitchen was on my right and next to it was a back door. At the far right there was a door which I assumed would to be my room and next to it at the left was my dad's room. Between them, was a door which I remember was the closet.

I hurried inside my room dragging my suitcases behind me.

"Unpack and wear something comfortable while I make dinner, " my dad shouted from behind me before I could even close the door.

"Okay, " I shouted back and was about to close the door when I asked "What are you cooking? "

"Mac and cheese "

YES.

I actually screamed in my mind. I couldn't help it, it was my favorite.

I entered the room which had a bed at the center pushed to the far wall. A window at the left and a door next to it which was the closet. To my right there was a desk and next to it was the bathroom.

After I picked everything from my suitcases and neatly placed them in their places, from the closet to the bathroom, I wore gray sweat pants with a white tank top and headed to the kitchen where the smell of Mac and cheese filled my nossils.

I grabbed a plate and started to dig in then shortly dad joined in with me.

"Remember, eat and then go rest. You have school tomorrow, " dad reminded me.

I mentally face slapped my self. I totally forgot it was Sunday and tomorrow was Monday, which was my first day at school. God knows how much I hated Mondays.

"Yeah okay, " was the only thing I managed to say.

"You forgot didn't you, "

"Whhaaaattt... Nooo... Mee.. I would never, " I lied really hoping he would believe me.

Oh who was I kidding?

He already started to narrow his eyes at me.

"Okay it might have slipped out of my mind, "

He laughed as a response.

After I finished eating, I washed my dish and went back to my room and drifted off to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.