》growing

My sweet girl is almost a month old, and today is the day she was due. Over the last few weeks I've tried to get the doubt out of my head but it's stuck there. I think I've been pretty good around Edward and I know I've managed to hide it around Seth.

I shake the rattle above Marliya gently as she looks around, curious. I smile and tickle her little toes. "My pretty girly. What you looking for huh?" I coo.

Carlisle smiles as he comes in from work, seeing us on the couch. "Good morning girls."

"Hi papa." I wave her hand and he chuckles sitting on the other side of the couch, by her head.

"Wanna go weigh her?"

I nod and gently pick her up carrying her to his office with him. I strip her to her diaper and gently lay her on the scales making her fuss.

Carlisle smiles. "She's gained again. She's 7 pounds 2 now."

I smile. "Good girl."

He smiles and gently picks her up as I sit at his desk. He delicately changes her and sits at his chair, laying her on his chest. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. Tired, as suual, still trying to get into a routine." I smile small and play with her blanket.

He smiles gently. "Edward expressed some... concerns."

I scowl. Traitor.

"He said you've sound off lately, a little down?" Carlisle reaches his hand out for mine.

I slowly reach for his. "Its nothing..."

"C'mon Ady. I'm your dad - talk to me."

I smile small when he says that. "I just... I sometimes feel she deserves better. I feel so lost being a parent - what if I mess up? Forget to do something, or lose her? What if she-she dies because of me?" I whisper.

He squeezes my hand gently. "Those are normal first-time-parent fears, honey. It's normal to feel those. You're going to feel like that a lot more but I promise none of it is true. She's so lucky to have you as a mom; you're so dedicated and willing, you're there every second for her. She couldn't be luckier."

I smile small. "Sorry."

"Don't be silly. It's a normal thing to feel, every parent goes through it."

I look at Marliya. "I just can't believe she's mine."

"She's yours, forever." He smiles and comes round handing her back.

I smile and stand too, kissing his cheek as I wrap her up. "I'll let you work. Bye daddy."

He smiles and I close his door gently as I go downstairs where some of the others are now. I sit Mar so she's front facing, she usually likes that.

Esme comes over smiling wide. "Did you weigh her?" She plays with her little feet.

"We did. 7,2." I smile wide.

"Woo good girl!" She makes Marliya's hands cheer. A slight smile breaks onto her face and we both gasp. "Are you smiling at me!?"

Alice, Rose, Emmett and Jasper are suddenly around us watching as she lets another little smile show. "She's smiling!" They all smile wide as I giggle.

"That's my clever girl." I kiss her head. "Someone take a picture for Seth."

"Already on it." Alice squeals with a camera in her hands.

I roll my eyes - of course she is. I sit on the couch and shake the rattle to see if she can get any more pictures. When Marliya finally gets fussy I place her on my shoulder and pat her back.