-7-

The hardest part for me the next morning was finding something to wear. I stood in front of my full-length mirror wearing my blue fluffy robe. My makeup was done and my hair was curled into loose curls down my back. I went out of my comfort zone and wore red lipstick. I was always a nude or lipgloss girl, but I thought the occasion fit. I ran one last layer of mascara against my lashes then stepped back.

Finally after what felt like hours of contemplating. I chose a black and white stripe cropped sweater and a black skirt. I threw on my heeled boots, making my 5'7 height a few inches taller. Grabbing the gold necklace my father gave to me when I was younger, I placed it around my neck.

Happy with my appearance, I left my room. The rain had come to a complete stop today, and the sun was shining through the house. I couldn't be any happier, the rain always put me in a rut.

My father was seated at the table eating the breakfast I had made a couple of hours earlier. I glanced up at me then back at his paper. "You don't have to go to this if you don't want to Parmus. I'd actually appreciate it if you stayed." He said before he sipped his coffee.

I walked closer then sat in the seat in front of him. "Papa why don't you want me to go? Is there something you're not telling me?" I asked concerned.

If something was wrong I wanted to know, I didn't want to be walking in blindsided.

His brown eyes stared into mine for a few seconds, before he dropped his head and sighed. "No Parmus. I just worry about you."

I smiled and placed my hand on his. "Everything will be okay Papa." He nodded then shoo'd me off.

I placed a kiss on his cheek before I left out the front door. Nathan was waiting patiently in the car as I walked towards it. I opened the door to the car then slid in.

"Good morning." Nathan said in a rush.

"Good morning. Are you okay?"

He nodded then squeezed his hands against the wheel. "Yeah just nervous I guess."

I placed my hand on his back. "Take a deep breath." I said with a chuckle.

He did as I said then nodded. "Okay, ready."

Feeling eyes on me, I stared up to see my father staring at us through the kitchen living room window. He stayed like that until we pulled out of the driveway.

He was nervous, I could see it in his eyes. But for what?

The pack house was a mess as pack members ran around to make last minute arrangements. Nathan pulled me to the conference room down the hall. It was filled with Alpha Landon, Luna Giselle, Beta Terry and his mate Layla.

"Hi honey, you look gorgeous." Luna Giselle said as I sat next to her. Nathan took the seat next to me silently.

"Thank you." I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

Catching me off guard, Luna Giselle leaned in to whisper something in my ear. "Don't say anything stupid. Just introduce yourself and keep your mouth shut."

My eyes went wide at the harshness of her voice. I quickly composed myself after she pulled away and began smiling like nothing had happened.

This woman was insane.

I sunk into my seat, suddenly feeling out of place. Nathan gave me a questioning look, but I just shook my head.

Everyone quieted down as the doors to the conference room opened. Two wolves walked in casually. My eyes trailed towards the door and stopped once they landed on who I assumed was the alpha. He held his chest high as power radiated off of him in waves. His curly blonde hair stopped as his shoulders, as it framed his sharp jaw. His dark green eyes stayed glued to Alpha Landon, as they held a "don't mess with me" look. My wolf stayed silent in the back of my head. She sat on her haunches and her tongue slid to the side of her mouth as her breathing became small pants.