》milestones

"Mommy's gonna get you." I coo at Marliya as she giggles and rolls onto her tummy trying to belly shuffle away. I playfully gasp. "Marmar is tryna run from momma!"

I slap my hands against the carpet either side of her and crawl above her making her look up at me with her two bottom teeth showing. "Boo!" She giggles harder and rolls onto her back looking up at me. I feather kisses all over her face.

"Papa and nana will be home soon." I tickle her tummy and she babbles, chewing her foot.

Carlisle and Esme went on an extended honeymoon - they told everyone it was their second but it has to be their like 100th. They've been gone 3 weeks, almost 4; my siblings all sort of went on with their own things. Alice and Jasper went to London about a month ago, Rosalie and Emmett went to Alaska and Bella and Edward went away 2 weeks ago to go on a ski vacation with her mom.

It's been just me and my little family for at least 2 weeks now and it's been amazing. Marliya has grown so much - she's almost 7 months old now. We're not yet crawling but close. She says 'dada' and 'mmmm', she claps and giggles, rolls over, sits up. She sleeps through the night most of the time, in her big girl crib. She's my absolute world.

The doubt is still there, but it's doesn't control me like it did in the first few months. I sleep better than I used to and I feel like I'm doing good with her, succeeding as a mom. I'm still learning - as Edward said - but we're getting by.

"Shall we try some baby chips mm?" I talk to her as I pick her up and carry her to the kitchen, sitting her in her chair on the counter. She bangs on the tray as I open the chip bag and set a few on it for her and one in her hand.

She's greedy like her dad, sassy like her aunts. She's cheeky like hee uncles and has a soft heart like me. I'm so proud of her, I literally have a 1000 photos of her on my phone... I'm that mom.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Esme calls.

I squeal. "In here!"

She comes in a moment later and I throw myself at her, hugging her close. "I missed you too!" She chuckles and pats my back. She gasps. "And there's my big girl! Eating chips!?!"

Carlisle smiles as I hug him too. "Solid food? Gosh she's changed a lot in the last month. How are you sweetheart?" He kisses my head and keeps an arm around me.

"I'm good, dad. I missed you guys. How was it?"

"Amazing. Relaxing. Refreshing." Esme sighs as she smiles at Marliya.

"I'm glad you guys got a break... mom she's fine stop hovering." I roll my eyes.

Marliya giggles as Esme scowls. "Its weird seeing her on solids."

I giggle. "I know but she handles them like a pro. She's a piggy just like her daddy. Just look at those chubby thighs."

Esme kisses her head and brushes her soft brown hair aside. "She's grown so much. I want cuddles once we've unpacked." She points at me.

I laugh. "Go on, get sorted. We're not going anywhere."

They disappear upstairs and I clean her up when she's finished eating. I carry her on my hip to the living room and just about have a heart attack when I see Alice and Jasper on the couch.

"HOLY CRAP!" I hold a hand to my chest.

Alice smirks. "Hi." She makes grabby hands at Marliya.

"Ohhh no mom's first. She'll kill me if I let you go first."

"Too right I will." Esme says as she appears beside me and takes Mar.

Alice scowls. "Then I'm next."