27. Accidental Confession

*past*

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, Wajahat was busy watching his favourite football match but, truth be told he was busy trying hard to focus on the match every time when his father cheered at a goal he snapped out of his day-dreaming session, which revolved around someone beautiful. Fariqa noticed her son's physically present, mentally-absent state.

"Wajahat." But he was way too busy to notice his mother calling him out loud. She smiled and gently poked her finger in his arm.

"Huh!! You said something mom!?" He frowned at himself.

"Hmm!! What I was saying is.... We think it's time you should get married!!" Ashraf smiled at his wife's words but chose to hide it by sipping his tea.

"Me married!? Mom I'm way too young to be imprisoned." He said with a helpless face.

"Oh really!!" She was finding it hard to bold back her laughter.

"Yes mom! Have a look at me! I'm in a stage where one enjoys life to the fullest. And you say i should get married? No mom please have mercy on your son. I don't want to torture myself with some ugly duckling." He huffed.

"Ugly duckling!" Fariqa laughed at Wajahat's words, Ashraf couldn't hold back his laughter either.

"But...." Fariqa begin but was cut off mid sentence by Wajahat.

"Please mom! I really don't want to be hitched right now!!" Wajahat looked at her with pleading eyes, but Fariqa knew he was trying to dodge this subject for she knew her son's wish.

"Ok!" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Phew!" He sighed and wiped the invisible sweat on his forehead and turned towards the t.v.

"Thank God! Mom didn't persuade me too much!! Oh my Allah please make me brave enough to state my heart's desire." Thought a relieved Wajahat. But his relief was short lived for his mother's words felt like an explosive on his senses.

"Ashraf! I think we should enlighten Umar bhai about Wajahat's decision, now that Wajahat is not ready to get married we should at least let him know. It's not good to keep them waiting for our words." She said ignoring Wajahat whose eyes were now wide as crazy balls.

"Wha....whyy... what is the meaning of letting Umar uncle know about my decision." His heart was already running like a pro in marathon.

"What Do you mean by why!? It's not just about you it's about his daughter's too, you made your decision, but...."

"His daughter's life!?" He literally jumped from the bean bag.

"Yes Wajahat this like this should be decided both ways."

"Things like this? Mom I'm gonna cry now! Please tell me what is the matter." He glanced at his parents. Ashraf was now enjoying this live show in front of him.

"Umar bhai and Rafida were talking about a certain proposal for Sana.but since I like her so much I really wanted her to be a part of my family. But..." She was saying something else too. But Wajahat's mind refused to focus on anything else. The words "proposal for Sana" kept ringing in his mind.

"Proposal for Sana." He fumed.

"No no no, Nope!! Not happening!!" He said more like declared.

"It's ok son! Don't stress yourself. We respect your wishes! Umar bhai said the same thing! That we should know your opinion about it. Only then should we decide further, I'll just let them know about it." Fariqa took her mobile from the glass table. Wajahat all but snatched her mobile and hid it behind his back.

"Not possible mom! No no No."

"It's ok Wajahat....."

"No mom it's not okay! What will Umar uncle think of me if I rejected it just like that without a valid reason..." Ashraf laughed at his son's antics.

"He will think of you as a responsible lad beta! Who chose to live life a bit for a few more days before you feel yourself ready to be imprisoned with an ugly duckling." Ashraf said.

"No dad!! He might feel extremely upset over my reaction, and our family ties will be ruined because of one stupid decision of mine." He said with a dramatic nod.

"Wajahat don't be stupid! He believes one has the liberty to decide whatever they feels right for themselves." Fariqa glared at him.  

"But mom! He will feel so hurt!" He said with pleading eyes."

"Hmm!! What to do then?" She asked tapping her index finger on her chin. Wajahat took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose like he was in deep thoughts.

"Ok then! I will make a sacrifice of my plans!" He said.

"Sacrifice?" Ashraf all but mocked at his son.

"Ok then compromise seems a better word." He shrugged.

"Ah hah! And what is your compromise dear boy! Care to let us know about it??" Fariqa asked.

"I'm ready to get married!"

"No pressure Wajahat! Think before you take this leap. We definitely don't want you to get hitched to an ugly duckling."

"Ugly duckling? She is beautif....." he bit his tongue and this time Fariqa and Ashraf really did laugh out loud.

"Uhmm.... I should go....i have a few activities to be done. "He was already out before completing his sentence.

Hey my dear sweet people,

How're you guys!

Missed me updating!?

Here's an update

Hope you guys like it enough to reward it with a gold star.

Please comment! It makes my day when someone comments.

So please reward it with your comments as well.

Take care,
With love
           Kiara💞