》holidays

My baby's one.

ONE.

HOW!? I hold her close to me as we stand by her cake ready to blow the candles out, all our friends and family around us singing. Of course its my birthday too but I refused to let anyone celebrate - this is Marliya's day.

"Happy birthday to youuu." Everyone sings. Me and Seth blow the candles out for her as she giggles and claps.

"Yay!" She shrieks and giggles more.

I kiss her cheek. "Oh my big girl. How old are you Mar?" She holds up one finger. "Yes you are!"

"My sweet girl is one!" Esme gushes as she takes her. Mar claps excitedly.

I smile. "She sure is. Can you keep get occupied while I clean this up?"

Esme smiles and takes her to all her new toys. Seth wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my shoulder as he watches me clean the table. "Happy birthday to you, too, baby." He whispers.

I smile. "Thank you but we agreed not today."

"But 18 is a pretty special birthday babe." He scowls.

I shrug. "Nothing compared to my daughter's first."

He sighs. "At least come enjoy this time with her. I'll clean up."

I raise an eyebrow. "You? Clean? Seriously?"

He rolls his eyes. "I clean. Go sit down and I'll sort this out."

I shrug and drop the paper plate backing away with a smirk, joining Esme on the floor with Marliya and hee toys. She waddles over with one of her blocks and starts to build a tower, making me smile.

"This time last year she popped out by surprise." I sigh. "Now she's walking and tumbling, smiling and chatting. My little bean." I pout.

Bella smiles. "Soon enough they'll be an adult who barely comes to see you."

Ness rolls her eyes. "Subtle mom."

I giggle. "Its her first proper holidays, too. Trick or treating, thanks giving, Christmas... no, Alice, you're not dressing her up."

Alice scowls as I cut her off before she can even speak - ha. Mar toddles over to Leah who picks her up and cuddles her close. "Beautiful girl." She kisses her cheek as Mar babbles.

I smile - Leah invited her 'friend' today, who should be here soon. Things are getting serious and I finally convinced her to bring him over.

The door flies open and Kate skips in. "The party has arrived! Where is she!?"

Mar looks over. "Ka!" She shrieks and runs over.

Kate picks her up and spins her around. "Hi you! Oh gosh look at how big you are!" She holds her close. "You were so small when I first met you." She sighs.

I giggle. "Hi Kate. Hi guys."

They all smile and set some gifts down for Marliya. Carmen brings a small bag over to me. "We couldn't forget you now, could we."

I blush. "You guys." I slowly open it and giggle when I see the snowflake key ring. "Awh I love it, thank you guys."

"Just to remind you of us." Tanya smiles as she gets a hold with Marliya.

I get up and hug them all as a thank you, receiving a glare of Alice as I do. "Why aren't we allowed to get you gifts!?"

"Because." I roll my eyes and turn when I hear Seth cuss and stumble. "Need a hand, babe...?"