Chapter 16 (Part 2)

We finish eating and I take care of the bill. We leave the restaurant and I attempt to catch us a cab.

"Thanks for a having dinner with us Vicky." I overhear Grace. "It was great to catch up, and I know having you around has made Sophie's day."

"Thanks for inviting me. Today has been the most fun I've had in a while." I wonder what she does in her free time now that she's single. Nadine has canceled plans with Donavan a couple times, leaving us as his second option for company. But other than that, they're always together. Victoria's never mentioned any other friends to me, but that doesn't mean they're not there. Thinking of her sitting around alone makes me want to make her mine even more. She'd never be lonely with me.

A taxi finally pulls up and I open the door for Victoria. She hugs Sophie as she says goodbye.

"Don't forget about tomorrow." Grace says. "11:00, okay?"

"Got it." Victoria says with a smile. She stops at the car door and gives me a small smile that manages to make my heart skip. "Talk to you later?"

"Yeah. Of course." I nod. She climbs in the cab and I shut the door. She waves goodbye as the taxi takes off.

"That didn't go so bad." Grace says as she comes behind me and wraps her arms around my neck. "You're welcome for livening up the night. You were such a downer tonight."

"What are you planning tomorrow?" I ask, moving her arms from around me. I face her, and she frowns up at me. "I'm just trying to get to know her. What, don't want your baby mamma and crush to hang out together?" She smiles.

"You don't like Victoria."

"That's not true." She shakes her head. "How can I hate her if I don't even know her? The three of us are going to have a girl's day tomorrow, right Soph?"

"Yeah." Sophie answers with a smile. "Just girls. No boys allowed."

"Awe, I'm hurt." I place my hand over my heart and fake disappointment. "You leave out your poor dad?"

"Yes." She laughs. "No boys!"

"Alright, fine." I sigh. "Give me hug before you go." I crouch down to give Sophie a hug and place a kiss on her cheek before sending her off with Grace. I'm nervous about Vicky hanging out with Grace tomorrow. But with Sophie's good energy around I think everything should go fine. I never imagined something like this ever happening. Not with our past.

*Victoria*

I wake to my alarm and climb out of bed. Nadine's bed is still perfectly made from yesterday morning which means she slept over at Donovan's again. I haven't seen or talked to her since the night before last. I want to tell her she was right and apologize for being so naïve about Aaron. I hope she comes homes tonight because I'm in desperate need of her advice.

I shower and dress in dark jeans and my favorite cream sweater. I leave my hair in its natural state and settle with mascara only for the day. I gear up with my winter coat scarf, gloves, and snow boots before heading out the door. I grab a quick coffee on my way to the subway station.

I take the subway into upper east side and attempt to find the address Grace gave me. When I finally find her apartment, I ring the bell and she lets me in without asking who I am. I take the stairs up to the fourth floor and knock on her door. I hear shuffling and the faint sound of voices before the door springs open. Grace greets me with a smile as she lets me in.