Chapter 32: Danger

Kim Tae Hyung's POV

"Quickly!" The seatbelt is the only thing keeping me in my sit. 

"Stop moving, you are going to make me crash the car!" Mr. Lee is losing his usual composed self. It is true, Ae Ri has been gone for a few days now, and finally, there is news about her whereabouts. Her cell phone had been turned off, but yesterday Mr. Lee got a notification for the private investigators both me and Jungkook asked to hire for the case. Mr. Lee didn't let us call the police, so hiring a private investigator was the only viable choice.  

After a lot of begging, he accepted.

So they called us, and sent us the exact location where Ae Ri's phone was last used. Although there was no guarantee she would be there, we had to go.

I have to go.

"She can be gone by now, go faster!" I say, but Mr. Lee ignores me and keeps driving through the highway as if we were walking.

Or at least that is how I feel it.

Finally, we got to the place where Ae Ri's phone was last used, and stepped outside the car.

"A...temple?" Jungkook said, noticing the empty old installations with pointy roofs and ancient tools. Suga just raised an eyebrow as he inspected the place. And yes, he did come voluntarily, something about 'it can be interesting' or 'I have nothing to do either way' were his excuse to come. 

Mr. Lee holds his gun in hand, watching everything, every leaf moving with the cold wind, every wall grinding, every breath exhaled. 

"Let's go." I say, determined to find her even if I have to tear this whole historical place apart.

"Wait Taehyung, let's split up. You and Jungkook will go right, me and Yoongi will go left." Said Mr. Lee, totally ignoring the fact that he was armed, and us, exposed...

It doesn't matter, we will find her, take her, and leave this not so scary place forever.

"Sounds fine with me." I say, and start walking to the first right house of the temple.

Once we were completely separated, and the silence was almost unherdable over my anxiety, Jungkook said.

"Why were you with Ae RI the day she disappeared?" There was a hint of pain in his voice, something I have never heard from Jungkook before. 

"We were..." I tried to say the word following the sentence, but I couldn't. Not as I watched his hurtful eyes. But... why is he so sad? Is it because I should have been there when she disappeared?

"Why did you let her go? She left on her own and you know that, she didn't want to be our bodyguard to begin with. Stop lying to yourself saying that she was kidnapped-"

"That is not true! She wouldn't have left... at least not like that." What is wrong with him? Why now, after all those hours of wait and of not knowing where she was, did he wait to say this. 

"At least it is not your fault, and you know that-" But I can't stop the frown on my face, and my hot blood boiling beneath my skin."-don't look at me like that." He said, a sudden anger getting on both our nerves. 

"It is my fault, I should have gone with her to buy that stupid ice cream." He does not meet my stare, he seems so mad, so furious.

But that anger is not directed at me.

"It is my fault. That day in the street,  when she took that bullet for me. If she would've just let me die, she wouldn't have been forced to work for us, like a slave." 

"It's not your fault Jungkook, don't ever said that. Thanks for that bullet she received, we were able to meet her. We were able to expect something after dance practice. We found a friend, a genuine friend." He stayed silent, and kept walking, going from room to room. I following close behind. 

Finally, we were done inspecting all the small houses on the right side of the temple, and we meet with Mr. Lee and Suga at the center of all those houses. 

"DId you find anything?" I asked, running towards them, looking behind them, hoping to find Ae RI walking, with a smile on her face, towards us. 

"Nothing, you?" Mr. Lee asked, with a thin layer of sweat covering his forehead. 

"No." Short and out of breath, was how that word was muttered by Jungkook. 

A few minutes passed, in which we caught our breaths and drank water, sitting on the benches in the center of the temple.

And suddenly, Suga stood from his sit, and pointed at the entrance, as if he were seeing a ghost.

"T-there." He said, with wide eyes. And then a small smile appeared on his lips.

I turned, too slowly, scared of not finding what I want to see emerging from the entrance of the temple.

"I-its that?..." Started Jungkook, standing from his sit, already looking at the entrance.

"AE RI!" And there, standing in the entrance with a soft light pink dress stands Ae Ri. With her shiny dark brown hair covering her face. As soon as my legs remembered how to walk, I ran towards her.

"Ae Ri?! Are you okay?! I can't believe you are here... I thought we were never going to see you again. I am never going to let you out of my sight! Let's go ho-" 

And as her face slowly raises to meet my eyes, I realized something.

She is not Ae Ri, those eyes may be the same dark brown ones, but there is nothing of her on them.

And also, I realize something else, as I am tackled to the ground, with her body on top of mine.

She has a knife in her hand. And she is holding it against my neck.

~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

I know, this ending right? I will probably have the next chapter ready for tomorrow! :O

So yeah, this happened... What do you think? How was your reaction? ( I am so curious to know XD HAHAHA)

Totally out of context, but I have been obsessed with the kdrama 'The King in Love' recently! 100% recommend if you like historical dramas. Do you watch Kdramas? 

Please remember to Vote! It means the world to me:D

As always: Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.