》reunion

Carlisle opens the door slowly, cautiously. I try to remember how to breathe as I try and smile. "Hi dad..."

"Adley..." he says slowly.

Oh god they don't want me, I shouldn't have come back they moved on!

He suddenly hugs me closely and exhales in relief, making me wrap an arm around him to keep him close for longer. Seth takes Marliya I wrap my other arm around him, breathing in his scent.

"I missed you." I cry as I cling to his shirt in the hopes of never having to let go again.

"I missed you so damn much, Adley."

I sniffle and wipe my eyes as I pull away. "Dad, this is Marliya... and bean 2.0." I whisper and giggle as I sniffle.

He shakes Seth's hand and gazes at Marliya. "She 3 now isn't she?"

I nod. "Almost 3 and a half."

"Come inside, c'mon. Mom will want to see you." He wraps an arm around me and guides me in, as if he's afraid I'll disappear as soon as he let's go.

The smell of the house is the same... the warmth of it... it's so bright still. Esme stands a few feet away from us seconds after we walk in, her black eyes wide and her mouth open.

"Hi momma." I whisper and step forward.

She holds her hand up and steps back, trying to process this. I frown but don't push her, a choice I instantly regret when she disappears from sight. I look at Carlisle.

"I'll go find her. Make yourselves at home." He kisses my head and disappears.

I sigh and cuddle into Seth for a moment. "I can't do this..."

"Yes you can. Let's to find your room. Together. We need to do this." He kisses my head and pulls me with him, up the two flights of stairs and to my bedroom.

I stop for a moment as he opens the door; it's totally unchanged. Marliya's old basket is still in the corner, baby clothes are still nearly folded on the bed and my books are exactly where I left them.

I slowly walk in as I take a shaky breath. I see Kingston's hospital band and box on the dresser, not a spec of dust on it. That's one thing we never got to collect - his things. Seth sets Marliya on the bed to sleep and he slowly walks over to the box.

I take his hand and slightly hide myself behind him as he opens it, the grief taking over once again. He takes a deep breath and looks at the small knit blanket, hospital band, hand and foot prints and a few photos of us holding him.

I feel the tears fall as I take the blanket, bringing it close to my heart as I close my eyes. "Mommy loves you..." I whisper and gently kiss it. I fold it nearly and set it back in the box, unable to hold it much longer. I step back and lay myself beside Marliya, trying to calm down. I close my eyes and breathe, focusing on my miracle kicking.

Seth climbs on his side of the bed and takes my hand, Marliya laid between us like she used to be as a baby. He strokes my hand and I slowly look at him.

"It hurts... but not as bad. I'll never get over the pain of losing him but I'm learning to cope. Step by step." I whisper.

Seth smiles small and gently wipes a stray tear with his thumb. "Me too, sweetheart. Me too."

I kiss him over Marliya gently and then we both kiss her head. She stirs and look around confused. "Where I?"

I smile. "We're at nana and papa's house. Remember we told you about them? You used to adore them."