#News

Jeanette's Pov

Three weeks of kissing, hugging and cuddling. Three weeks of waking up next to someone. Three weeks of happiness with Michael. It almost felt like we were an actual couple. For a spilt-second, I forgot about the contract and just enjoyed my time with him. The only weird thing that happened was him asking about my family's... business.

Flashback from a week ago. (Michael being nosey)

It was a rainy day. Michael had the day off and we were watching Chucky. All was well and then he stopped the freakin movie.

"Michael, what the hell? Chucky was about to kill that bitch of a sister Barb" I said in a joking voice as I pointed at the TV.

"Jeanette I wanna talk," Michael said in a firm voice and that sent a chill through my spine.

"Oh shit. When a guy says that it usually means he's breaking up with you" I laughed nervously as I put the popcorn down on the coffee table and turned to face him. His face was filled with dread.

Oh shit I knew this wouldn't last.

"No its nothing like that..." he said and didn't look at me. I didn't understand what was wrong with him. He was acting weird.

"Michael, what's wrong? Tell me" I said as I took his chin and gently turned it to me.

"Well I want to know more about the Mafia your in," he said in a hurry. My hand slowly dropped and I gave him a weak smile.

"What about the mafia?" I asked. This was out of the blue. He's never asked me to tell him anything about that. He knew about it but he never asked about it.

"Well, I have a million questions like what exactly do you do? What do you sell? Where do you sell? What company do you have hiding this big gang? What ranking are you?" he asked in a hurry again.

"Why you so interested? You never asked me any questions about this before?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"Because it's a part of your life and I'm part of your life so I would like to know about it," he said simply. I stayed silent and looked at him. I wasn't all too sure of this. Discussing this shit out in the open was a bad idea. But I trusted Michael. He hasn't betrayed me yet... and even if he did he wouldn't betray me by telling anybody about what I do. I was sure of it.

"If you don't want to talk about it I understand," he said and then started to shrug off the conversation but I stopped him.

"The first question was what exactly do I do right?" I asked with a smile. And he nodded.

"Well, my family has been dealing goods to a lot of producer's. Paper, Farming equipment and a lot of not so legal drugs. My great-grandfather set up ports to sell in France and the one who just past had been managing them. When I moved here I set up some more locations and connections and now that he's gone everything might have to move. I change the location of the produces every 3 months so I can lose the cops. There never in the same location. Our marketing front is a Construction company. We build houses, small business buildings, and hotels. Your dad told me that my family even built your building a long time ago. And last but not least our ranking is very high. We're the number one Mafia in France." I explained. He was just staring at me. I didn't know if he was impressed or surprise or horrified by the information I told him.

"Did I answer all your questions?" I said with a smirk as I took back the popcorn and placed it on my lap.

"Yes... Thank you" he said and I replied with a simple your welcome. I felt a little weird when I told him. Like I was revealed somehow. But I also felt closer to him.