37. Family. Happiness.

Hello People. 

Happy Reading...

Manik: I want to be a singer.

There was confusion written all over the faces of Raj and Nyo. There was hope on others.

Raj(sternly): What do you mean by you want to be a singer, Manik. You are the CEO of Malhotra Industries. You can't just come to me one day and ask me to change your profession.

Manik was scared to death but something inside him gave him courage. One glance at his friends and he continued after taking a deep breath.

Manik(helplessly): Dad, it's not one day. And this is not an overnight passion. I wanted to be a singer since the day you taught me how to use a guitar. Music gives me peace. I feel content every time I hold this guitar, every time I sing.

Raj's facial expressions changed due to the helplessness in Manik's voice.

Raj(shocked): Why didn't you ever tell us Manik. We have asked you about your choice in your last year of school.

Manik(weakly): I did, dad. I just told dadu. (He explained what all has happened)

Raj(hurt): You could have told me, Manik.

Manik(sadly): I was scared, you would disown me.

His head hung low. He raised his head only when he felt a sting on his cheek. Holding his cheek, he just realized he got slapped by his own mom. Nyo who was shocked with every new information that she got today had slapped him. Nandini flinched due to the sound, Mukti had tears. Everyone else was just looking at Manik and Nyo.

Nyo(with tears in her eyes): Who are you to think that I will disown my child?

Manik: Mom.

Raj handled Nyo.

Raj(softly): Manik, we won't disown you ever, boy. No parent would. Things when my dad was there are different from now. You just had to say us, Manik.

Taking a deep breath and controlling his emotions, he continued.

Raj: At this moment, what do you want to do? Are you planning to quit our company?

Manik: Dad, I won't. I know what this company means to you and our family. I can manage both.

Raj(concerned): It would be hectic, son.

Abhi(assured): We are there to help him, uncle. I and Nandini are there. In fact, no one is quitting their works. Then why Manik?

Raj smiled at these friends of Manik. They have always stood by his son. Even when he wasn't in contact with them, they used to get information about his well being through Cabir or Abhimanyu. Once in a while, they used to talk to Nyo or him.

Raj(smiling inwardly): Is it? What's your opinion Nandini?

Nandu got startled by the sudden question by Raj. She looked at Abhi then Manik, confusion written all over her face. Raj chuckled at her expression.

Nyo(pulling her cheek): God. Can anyone be cuter? 

Cabir(squealed like a teenager): Manik, I got a sister for you.

Manik glared him thinking he would take Nandini's name again. Cabir winked at him and said,

Cabir: It's Alya.

Alya(puzzled): What? Where did I come in between?

Cabir(teased): Because tu bhi Nandu ke liye cute ke alawa kuch nahi bolti and ab girlfriend bhi bas cute cute bol rahi hai. Maa beti lag rahe ho dono.