Chapter 44- it doesn't give off a very romantic vibe

"Mm," I turn myself to the side and keep my head on a hard object which is so comfortable that I don't move away from it.

I slowly open my eyes and find a hand close over my eyes, covering my eyes from the rays of the sun.

"Morning," Cayson says moving his hand away from my eyes and I squint as the sunlight shines on my eyes.

"What?" I jump in my seat and look around to find myself at the back of a car and on Cayson's lap. I groan and try to get up but hit my head on the roof and he chuckles.

"You do realize we are in a car right?" He laughs and I slowly scoot myself to the right.

"What- how did we- did I fall asleep?" I ask and he nods with a smile on his face.

"Last night, we reached your house but it was cold outside and you wouldn't wake up so I laid you down in the backseat. But, you wouldn't let go of my hand so I stayed here with you thinking you would let go soon but then I fell asleep," he says and I look down at our intertwined fingers.

My cheeks start to burn and I can fell that it's red. Thankfully he can't see me staring at him through my bangs.

"Sorry," I take my hand away and he smiles. "Oh, it's your birthday, we need to throw you a party. Crap, I don't have a gift for you yet."

"No need, this is and will be the best birthday gift I could ever get," he meant us and I just blush at his choice of words.

"Still I need to find something," I say and look outside the window. "That's my house, oh god last night."

"It'll be fine stavish, you'll see her soon and you can talk to her about everything. I don't think she'll like how we both followed her but you know what, you can leave that part out," he winks and I smile.

"Thanks for coming with me," I say and he smiles.

"I need to get home, my father will be waiting," he says and I nod. "See ya later?"

"How about tonight, at 7 sharp?" I ask and he nods.

"I'll pick you up," he offers and I shake my head.

"How about we change a few things and I pick you up? I have to take you somewhere," I smile.

"You can be a gentlewoman for the day," he smirks and I nod. "Do you mind telling me what to wear because I don't think showing up in jean shorts is the best idea."

I chuckle. "I think a suit will be sufficient."

"Suit, it is," he smiles.

"Until then," I get out of the car and he drives away.

___

When I walk inside the bathroom, I can see the flashes of my biological parents fighting with each other. They both want the best for me and here I am, pulling away from them.

I need to see her as soon as I can. Tomorrow we have a blood drive at school and I am donating blood. I won't be able to skip but I can go by the hospital later.

I clean myself up and take a shower before heading downstairs to plan out the evening for Cayson.

"Venus," Ian hurried over to me and I sigh deeply when I realize that all my friends are sitting in my living room.

Crap, I forgot to tell them.

"Where were you?" Ian asks when I walk inside the living room.

"Are you okay?" Kate asks and I nod.