2| the bestie

Female | Female's Best Friend

••••••••••••••••••••••
6:45 pm

"Hello?"

"You would not believe what happened today Reeds!"

"Stop calling me that and what happened?"

"I got the most weirdest and probably scariest calls."

"You get scary and weird calls all the time Asa."

"I know, but this one was way more than scary and weird."

"Is it weird than that dude who asked for two shots and a sex on the beach cocktail?"

"...𝐎kay, maybe not that weird but its still spooky and I'm a bit worried."

"Ugh Asa just spill before I force to do so through this damned phone!"

"Sheesh... take a chill pill Reeds, Anyway, so this boy is like before I say anything else I want to ask you something and I'm like go for it and he asks me which one comes first the chicken or the egg and I'm like--"

"You know? I actually do wonder sometimes what--"

"Carly!"

"Sorry, carry on"

"Anyway I'm like is this a joke or something? He's like nah its not, it's a life or death situation and I need you to answer it because I'm on a roof of a 30 foot building hanging with one leg on the ledge and--"

"Are you for real?!"

"Can I just finish the story Carly?"

"Yeah sure. Sorry"

"Whatever, anyway so I'm like dude what the fuck?--"

"Did you really say what the fu--"

"Interrupt me one more time Reeds and I'm hanging up."

"Sorry."

"So I'm like are you drunk or high or something? And he's like none of the above so you better answer my question before I swing my other leg and I'm like fine I'll answer--"

"What did you say?"

"I was getting to that you imp ... but now you're not going to hear it because I'm hanging up."

"Asa wait! Fine, I won't interrupt anymore, I promise."

"You better not. Anyway so I'm like ..uh ... a chicken and he's like wrong answer but thank you for listening and then he hangs up"

"Wow."

"Yeah wow. It's crazy. I don't even know if he jumped the building. Do you think he jumped Carly?"

"I don't know Asa."

"I immediately called Love to try and trace the number and turns out it was a disposable phone because it was blocked"

"Damn"

"Yeah damn, I don't even know why I'm worried, I mean I hardly even know the boy. Scratch that, I don't know him period. I mean, I only talked to him once and I'm worried that he jumped the building."

"Its okay to be worried babe"

"For somebody you've talked with once for less than fifteen minutes nonetheless."

"..."

"Its crazy huh"

"Being empathetic is an admirable trait to have"

"Ugh whatever, I'll call you later. I've another call coming in."

"Later Asa."

"Later Reeds."

"... Don't call me that!"

*dial tone*

Written: 12 March 2018Published: 31 July 2018

Published: 31 July 2018

---474 Words---

°edited°