Millie

"Morgan sweetie, your phone is ringing." My mom said. I silenced my phone and continued to watch some dog show on television. She looked at me. "You okay? You're not acting like yourself." She looked at the tv. "And you hate dogs."

"I'm okay." I whispered.

She sat next to me. "Tell me what's wrong."

I scoffed. "Mom you're barely around, you wouldn't understand."

She stayed silent then stood up. "You're right. But if you need someone to talk to I'll be here." She said before walking up the steps.

I stared at tv then noticed my phone going off again. I don't understand why Dave keeps calling me when he should be with his kid right now. I decided to answer anyway.

What.

Lemme talk to you.

For what?

Because I wanna talk to you.

Aren't you suppose to be with your daughter? Why are you constantly calling me?

Why are you constantly ignoring me? You just said the other day you don't even wanna be around me what the fuck you around my family for

I didn't know Natalie was your damn cousin okay!

Whatever. I'm about to come over

No you're not I'm not at home

Ya car is in the driveway. Quit playing with me and bring yo ass outside.

I looked out the window and seen that Dave's truck was on the side of the street. I groaned loudly then put on my boots and went outside, I went on the passenger side of his truck and looked at him. He had a blank expression on his face and he was smoking a blunt, he let out smoke.

"So you wanna explain why you was at my family crib?" He asked.

"Didn't I say I didn't know Natalie was your cousin." I growled.

"Yeah and I ain't know she was ya friend either." He said inhaling the smoke. He let it out then put ashes in the ashtray.

"Why'd you keep her a secret from me?"

"I didn't." He said. "My daughter would never be a secret, she just never got brought up."

I shook my head. "And what's this about your baby mother?"

"What about her."

"She's dead?" I asked.

He stayed silent, "What I gotta do for you to stop being mad at me?" He looked into my eyes with his low and reddened.

"You don't have to do anything. Because after this, I'm never seeing you again."

He laughed lightly, "Girl you are so crazy."

"I'm serious. I'm done with you."

"You know how many times you've said that?" He put his blunt out then sat up. "I'll see you this weekend alright? Come over, we'll talk. Might do some nice shit for you." He shrugged. "You never know."

I opened the car door, "Whatever." I whispered before slamming his door and going back into the house.

*

The weekend had arrived, and as much as I knew I shouldn't go to Dave's I need some answers. I showered and then sat in my vanity chair with my robe around my naked body, doing my makeup. There was a knock on my door and I said come in without even turning around.