I - a mural and a call

•  

Agent Regina Staves, better known by the name 'Silver Orcus' is a product of terrible circumstances.

An abandoned building thought to be empty was subject to experiment by Stark Industries. But it wasn't empty, and it was known until years later when the story of the infamous 'Silver Orcus' and her just as infamous companion is revealed to S.H.I .E.L.D that they come to know of the terrible occurrence. Tony Stark, as soon as he heard of it, was silently apologetic. He did not send the test bomb. Hell, he didn't even know they had done any tests that day - but it was his company nonetheless. He, of course, didn't express much emotion on it to anyone - but what he did haunted him. Since, he's been letting Regina keep close on Stark Industries like no other S.H.I.E.L.D Agent had ever been allowed to, and has continued to jack up any equipment she should need or want.

Regina Staves was never one for grudges anyway, it had appeared.

It was a tragic story that had not yet come to an end (whether tragic or happy), which brings us to Regina Staves current location, as just a normal girl walking down a normal street in the Bronx.

  •  

we're going down, down, in an earlier round,

The soles of her shoes tapped against concrete as Regina walked, passing by an old lady that offered her a tight-lipped smile. She returned the smile, careful not to brush against the woman as she passed by her. The boys outside the shops high-fived her, saying their short greetings before she was away again.

and, sugar, we're going down swinging, i'll be your number one with a bullet,

Walking past a building, a mural towered over the girl. The mural held a familiar figure, someone as terrifying as they are protective. The Siver Orcus. Her face hooded, the cloak she wears artistically falling around her feet. She was devastating, and maybe a little hellish. But the people of The Bronx admired the vigilante. She was a figure for the people, after all, and they had little reason to fear her.

a loaded gun complex, cock it and pull it -

"Miss Staves, incoming call from Maria Hill." Regina sighed as the song was interrupted by her AI, Teri. She dodged down an alleyway to make a shortcut to her apartment. It was a sort of hideaway for when she wasn't working and didn't want to intrude on Tony and Pepper. The people who lived around her didn't question it. The woman across the hall from her invites her for dinner sometimes. She never asks where her parents are.

"Dodge, it T." She requested. "I'm on holiday."

"I'm afraid it's urgent, Miss Staves. Jarvis was overridden by Phil Coulson, so if you do not comply I am afraid that may happen to me." Teri had a smooth voice, a thing most people thought odd for an AI. It was calm and feminine, despite Regina requesting a voice akin to Kevin Hart or even Joey from Friends. "Fine. She's got one minute, max."

"Yes, Miss Staves. Call coming through."

"Regina. That took way longer than necessary, what have you been told about listening to your ringtone?" Maria Hills familiar voice rang through the headphones, and Regina smiled despite herself.

"First of all, Firework is a bop and nobody can tell me otherwise. Forward that to Tony, Teri. He needs to appreciate it too. Second of all, no. I was arguing with Teri, since I'm meant to be on leave. So this had better be good, or I'm totally kicking your ass." Regina grumbled, crossing the street, and totally not jaywalking thank you very much. "Well, somebodys ass, at least."

"The Teseract and various agents have been compromised. We've been given authorisation to enact the Avengers Initiative." Reginas steps slowed as she processed the information, speeding up not a second later. Screw a measly little holiday - most missions could go on without her, but this was different. Even she wasn't stupid enough to ignore it.

"Barton? He was with the Teseract. What's happened to him?" She asked.

"He's one that's been compromised. Are you willing to cooperate?" Maria asked. 

Regina sighed, nodding despite not being seen. "Yes, Yes. Of course. I'm assuming there's a pick-up arranged?" She said, turning onto the street of her apartment building.

"Always is. There's a car waiting outside your building with the files, but you can look at them digitally when you get here." She rattled off a license plate, and Reginas eyes caught onto a black car outside her building. With a quick 'got it' Maria hung up, and Regina got into the car. 

"Your heart rate is very high, Miss Staves." Teri spoke into her ear when the car begun to drive. "Would you like me to resume your music?"

"Yes."

we're going down, down