Smoke and Mirror Battles

"Get up! Get up! Now! Both of you! Oh my gosh! We're late! We're gonna get in sooo much trouble!"

I felt my already-exhausted body being shaken and as I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a wildly-haired Kunoichi's panicked, makeup covered expression.

"Wake... who let you in..?"

"Nya! No! No time for this!"

"Ugh... what time is it?" Skylor groaned. "I have to open... for work..."

"Doesn't matter! We're twenty minutes late for the morning meeting! We have to go, now!"

"What?" I yawned, brushing the sleep out of my eyes

"No time for questions! We've gotta move, move, move!"

And indeed, we were, "move, move moving". I'm not sure how Wake found the strength to push the both of us out of my room. Pillow war last night was... oogh...

*~*

"Long night, you three?"

It seems that everyone else had already arrived and been waiting, long before we had. Even Ronin was here before us. Then again, they all live here so... they have no reason to be late.

But... we live here too so... yugh...

"You three look terrible." Shade sighed, shaking her head at us.

"Well, Skylor apparently slept over so I didn't have to pick her up so she could use the actual entrance, you three are late for the meeting, and... you're all wearing Wake's pajamas."

Eugh... it was embarrassing enough when Skylor saw them but... now all the Kunoichi have seen me in Wake's adorable pajamas...

"Well-" A yawn erupted from my throat, interrupting me completely but waking me up in the process.

"Aheh, sorry Morgan. We just had a little sleepover. Uh... s-sorry you and Shade weren't invited." Wake chuckled, uneasily.

"Didn't feel like we weren't invited." Shade sighed. "I live right down the hall. I heard all the war cries from your pillow fight."

Geez... the walls here are way too thin...

"Yeah. I heard you guys from downstairs." Ronin groaned. "By the way, what's with the clown look. Isn't it a little early for Halloween?"

What?

As my eyes hit Wake and Skylor for the first full time all morning, horror ran through my body. And right on cue, the monitor behind Free displayed the three of us, in all of our overslept, bedheaded, makeup covered glory.

"Th-The war paint..."

"I look like my dad..." Skylor hissed.

"I look worse than Shade! I'm not supposed to look that bad for another 80 years! When I'm her age!"

"..."

"Anyway, I'd like to get on with today's meeting if that's alright with everyone?" Free groaned, as a strong, spicy fragrance bored its way into my nose.

"Mmf... r-right."

The scent dissolved away as everyone's attention fell on Free.

"Good. We don't have any special missions today so I'm just going to split us into two groups. Ronin, Skylor, Wake, and I will be at the noodle shop. Shade, the Black Phoenix,, and Kayde will be training together again today."