Chapter Twelve|| Mysterious Boys

{Emily's POV}

"I got something!" Brian yelled bursting into my room where Claire and I sat. We jumped in shock looking Brian over as he panted holding his side. 

"I literally-" He took in a deep breath. "-Just ran here from the police station. Man, I need to work out more." He managed to get out and motioned us to come over to the table and he spread a few pictures out. 

"I was looking over pictures from the crime scenes we've been at thinking we've missed something. Nothing showed up that we didn't see before until..." He grabbed a marker from his pocket and started circling someone in each picture. 

"Until I saw this man was at each crime scene. Pretty weird if you ask me." He said with a satisfied smirk and I hit him on the shoulder playfully. 

"Brian! Yes!" I got out and leaned closer looking at the man he had circled. 

"These are from different packs too. It would be different if it was the same pack. These are different packs hours away from one another." He completed and I let out a breath of relief. 

I think we're getting somewhere. 

"I'll go run his face through our database." Claire said grabbing the pictures and I nodded grabbing one for myself, to ask Oliver about it, and folded it up and stuck it in my back pocket. 

"I'll help." Brian told her and they both hurried from the room. 

Finally... we may have something. 

I grabbed my phone and dialed Wesley's number and it immediately went to voicemail. Wesley never has his phone off...

Nervously, I dialed again and this time it rang a couple times but still went to voicemail. What the hell? I dialed Tanner's number and the same happened. This can't be a coincidence. 

I sat my phone down on my bed and paced my room. The couldn't be hurt... could they? Do I call it in? No I have to wait forty eight hours. Do I go after them myself? No that's stupid! They could have simply just forgot their phones. 

Though, when my phone buzzed, I dove for it. 

'On a trail, bad signal and can't talk. They'll hear us. Call you after' Wesley texted and my brows furrowed. 

They? Who were they following?!

I didn't have enough time to sit and ponder about it since there was an abrupt knock on my door. I hurried over and answered it to only be met by the chief. 

"Chief?" I asked hesitantly and he help up a laptop. 

"You need to see this." He said motioning me inside and he followed suit and shut the door. 

"That man you caught the other night? Well, this is what we got out of him, but you're not going to like it." He told me and my heart sped up. 

I sat down by the table and he placed the laptop on it and stood behind me as the video popped up and I clicked play. 

"Who are you?" The chief asked. 

"No one important." The man replied gruffly. 

"It would be in your best interest to cooperate." Chief snapped. 

"I answered your question, didn't I?" He shot back. 

"Who sent you to go after that girl?" 

"Oh please, we all knew what you were doing. He isn't stupid." The man snapped. 

"He? He who? What is he making you do?" Chief asked. 

"He's not making us do anything. I'm a message. Stop looking into the cases or it will only end badly for you and the ones you love. We have eyes everywhere and we are everywhere. You can't defeat us. After our mission is done you won't see us again." He said proudly and my brows furrowed. 

There's a group of them?

"We can get answers out of you. The easy way or the hard way is your choice." Chief stated and the man let out a snort. 

"You don't think he tortured each and everyone of us? To make sure we wouldn't crack? To make sure under the worst of the worst that we were loyal? Give me your best shot." I felt sick at my stomach listening to this. This man is... awful. 

"Give us a name and we maybe can help your case some." Chief bargained and the man rolled his eyes. 

"I don't even know his name. He goes by X and that's all you're getting out of me. He wanted revenge and the rest of us... well we joined him because we wanted to help drive the FBSI insane." He grinned. 

"So, he has you doing his work? A lab rat? A puppet." Chief asked trying to get under his skin. 

"Im no puppet," He spit. "Im just following my leaders orders." 

"So a puppet?" Chief asked smugly and the ma just gritted his jaw slumping a bit in his chair. 

"Yes or no?" He repeated. 

"Yes, we do what he tells us. You're never going to find him because he is always five steps ahead. His brain works like none i've seen before and you're simply walking into each trap he sets. This a game to him and you just became the number one fool to try and challenge him as his own game." 

"Do you do the killing for him?"

"No. We simply get the prize and bring it to him. He does the rest." 

"You came after Claire Montgomery, one of our agents... why?" Chief asked folding his arms. 

"She fit the cause." The man replied. 

"The cause?" 

The man chuckled not answering him. 

"Now if I told you that I'd give away the whole plan. We still have many people to get to." I gritted my teeth together and leaned forward clicking the pause button. 

"It's a whole organization. He's recruited people. This isn't a one man's job. This is why we were getting no where. We were looking after one man who was having everyone else do his bidding." I told Chief who nodded. 

"I think we can slim down the details now. There is a cause so there is something linking those victims. I want you to search dates, places, even if two of those victims had been in the same room together. Got it?"

"Yes Chief." I replied even though we've already did that. 

I guess I'll look again. 

"Have you found anything else out?" He asked and I nodded standing and took the piece of paper from my pocket giving it to him. 

"We just found out that this man has been at every crime scene we've investigated. Weird isn't it?" 

"Indeed. Have you ran his face yet?" 

"Claire and Brian are doing that currently." 

"And Wesley and Tanner? Where are they?" He asked giving the paper back to me. 

"Following up on a trail. Im worried they're going to open a can of worms we can't close back." I told him and he sighed. 

"Well, if there is one person who can track someone sneaky down... it's Wesley." Chief said and sighed running a hand over his face. 

"I'll let you get back to doing your own thing. Let me know if you find anything." 

"Will do, sir."

We're coming for you. 

________________________________________________________________________________

OH SNAP! Any suspensions about the killer? Who you do think it is? Who will he come after next? What do you think the reason who his killing is? 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I promise, you'll get some more Emily and Oliver next chapter ;)