79-Venus Gets Mouthy

Ginny and Venus walked from their first lesson (Charms) to Muggle Studies, rather unwillingly.

"This is going to be bad isn't it." Venus groaned as they took their seats at the back of the classroom.

It was. Alecto Carrow spent the lesson talking about the 'Sacred Twenty Eight', the only true Pureblood families left in the British wizarding community.

She wrote all of the names of the families on the board and then began crossing some of them out.

"The Gaunt family went extinct during the 1950s." She said, as she crossed the Gaunt name out, "The Weasley family has been excluded in more recent versions because of their affiliation with muggles and filth." Alecto crossed the name Weasley off of the list. Venus saw Ginny's fists clench, and a shower of bright red sparks shot out of the end of Venus's wand. Neither of them said anything, but the rest of the class watched them with caution as Alecto continued to list all of the ways that the other familes had bought honour to their name in recent years.

"...and of course," she made it last to the name Black. "The Black name has now died out."

"No it hasn't." Venus glared at the woman, finally reaching the end of her patience.

"And why is that?" Alecto sneered at Venus.

"Because both me and my dad are still knocking about aren't we." Venus pointed out.

"You must be Venus." Alecto narrowed her eyes, "your blood is not pure-"

"My blood is as pure as yours." Venus retorted, "my father is a Black and my mother was a McKinnon and I don't care if the McKinnons aren't included in your bloody sacred Twenty Eight. You go on about how bloody purity matters more than anything else, but let's face it, the wizarding world would have died out years ago if we hadn't married and had kids with muggles. Blood purity is made up, I bet you've got just as much muggle blood in you as any halfblood or muggleborn."

The room was completely silent, everyone looked back and forth between Alecto and Venus. Waiting to see which one acted first.

"I think it's about time that I show you how we deal with misbehaviour at Hogwarts in the proper manner," said Alecto quietly. "Miss Black, if you would kindly make your way to the front."

Venus was so angry that when she stood up her chair banged back against the wall behind her and clattered to the floor. Venus made her way up to the front of the room, not taking her eyes off of Alecto for a second.

"Things have changed at Hogwarts," Alecto addresses the class of Gryffindors and Slytherins, "I want you all to watch what happens to trouble makers in this school." She turned back to Venus and drew her wand. "Crucio." She muttered.

The pain hit Venus just as she had remembered it and she crumpled to the floor. She bit the inside of her cheeks to stop herself crying out, but it was no use. Her screams ripped through her and she writhed and twisted on the floor in pain.

When the spell was eventually lifted, Venus was left a panting mess on the floor. All of the memories of what Bellatrix had done to her had swum to the forefront of her mind and her vision had become clouded. She was crying uncontrollably.

"Take her to the hospital wing." Alecto waved her hand at Ginny, who had jumped to her feet and was quivering in rage.

Ginny pulled Venus to her feet and hurried out of the room, supporting her sister's weight.

"That foul hag!" Ginny muttered under her breath as they hurried through the empty corridors towards the Hospital Wing, "that horrid foul-"

"Miss Weasley?" McGonagall had rounded the corner ahead of them, "what-"

"We had Muggle Studies," Ginny said quickly, she was already finding it hard to support Venus's limp weight and only now realised she had stupidly left her wand back in her bag in Alecto Carrow's classroom. "Venus said something that Carrow didn't like- Professor she used the Crutiatus curse on her."

McGonagall seemed to realise the implications of this straight away. She drew her wand and flicked it. Venus levitated off the ground and McGonagall hurried off towards the hospital wing, floating Venus in front of her and with Ginny hot on her heels.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx