80- Birdies

By the time Neville and Luna heard about what had happened and charged into the hospital wing, Venus was sat up in bed having a rather animated conversation with Ginny.

"-I just can't believe that-" Venus stopped when she saw Neville, her strained expression turned into a grin. Neville hurried to take a seat to the side of her bed and took her hand in his anxiously.

"You're okay?" Neville asked.

Venus nodded, "I'm fine, it just bought back some... bad memories. But I swear I'm okay now."

"Oh good," Luna said sounding relieved.

"And I'm all for it now." Venus continued.

"All for what?" Frowned Ginny.

"Bringing the DA back." Venus grinned, "like McGonagall said, if not now, when will we do it?"

********

Madam Pomfry decided to keep Venus in the hospital wing up until the full moon. Which meant Venus was trapped in her bed for two days.

The matron refused to hear that she was feeling fine and insisted that she didn't move from her bed. So Venus spent her solitary time, Transfiguring random objects into birds that zoomed out of the hospital wing into the corridors.

Ginny had told her that the birds had been unable to find a way out of the castle, and were annoying the Carrows (and Filtch) greatly by leaving bird poo almost everywhere.

"None of them can work out where the birds keep coming from." Ginny stifled a laugh when she came to visit Venus on the day after she had been taken to the hospital wing. "It's driving them mental- keep it up."

********

"Madam Pomfry." Venus asked on the day of the full moon as the matron handed her a goblet of Wolfsbane, "am I going to the Shrieking Shack tonight?"

"No," replied the matron sharply, "you will be using Professor McGonagall's office."

"Because they're less likely to find me there?" Venus made a face as she sipped the potion.

"Quite." Madam Pomfry nodded, clearly knowing which 'they' Venus was referring to.

"Do they know?" Venus asked, "I mean Snape must've told them..."

"As far as we are aware, they do not know." The Matron pursed her lips, "so we must not take any chances. It is too risky to take you all the way across the grounds, so for now we will move you from place to place for each full moon, as long as we have Wolfsbane in stock the Carrows should remain ignorant."

Venus didn't mention it, but she knew that she did not have enough Wolfsbane stored in her dormitory to last her the entire year. Madam Pomfry had confessed to not being able to brew the potion herself, and Snape had been brewing her Wolfsbane since she was bitten. She didn't want to ask him for anymore, as it was clear he was not on their side. She might've asked Slughorn. But he, like most of the teachers excluding McGonagall, Snape and Madam Pomfry, remained ignorant of Venus's condition. She wasn't eager for more people to know, that would just mean more opportunities for the Carrows to discover her secret.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx