Chapter 1- The Beginning

Before the story begins, is it such a sin for me to take what's mine until the end of time? We were more than friends, before the story ends. And I will take what's mine, create what God would never design.
----------------------------------------------
Varian opened his eyes. All that surrounded him was darkness. Confused, he extended his arms in an attempt to feel for something. He walked on and on, but didn't feel a thing. Suddenly, he fell. His face stung against the harsh wind as it roared against his face. He tried to yell out, but his throat was tight and his tongue dry. He then felt cold sweat drip down his face as he felt colder and colder until- BAM! He hit the bottom.
-------------------------
Varian sat straight up in bed. He gasped and regained himself while recovering from the dreadful dream of not knowing when you'd hit the bottom. He stretched and got out of bed. He pulled on his clothes and headed down for breakfast. To his surprise, his dad wasn't there, but instead a note laid on the table. Picking it up, he read it, still dizzy from tiredness, "Son, I'm going to Corona to talk to the king. Don't go anywhere outside of the village, and don't do anything that will result in an accident."Varian groaned lowly, that meant no alchemy. Setting the note down, he grabbed his satchel and walked outside. The sun shone in his eyes as he walked along the dirt path, heading towards the woods. This was his place of peace. Finding a nice place to sit, he settled down and grabbed a book out of his satchel, the History of Science. He'd read it a million times, but always found he'd learn something new every time he read it. Humming lowly to himself, he began to read and swipe through, analyzing the pictures. Hearing leaves crunch, he turned to the direction of the noise, but saw nothing. Going back to his book, he soon found himself on his side with someone on top of him. The person, a girl, looked down at him and put her finger in front of her mouth, signaling him to shush. You hear distant murmurs before they cut off completely. Sighing in relief, the girl jumped off of varian and patted herself down, "sorry about that.. heh heh." She grinned and looked down at him, "what's your name?"