02 | devil's dance

♠ ♠ ♠

♠ ♠ ♠

Would you rather trust a lie, or lie your way to the truth?

♠ ♠ ♠

THE FIRST THING I noticed were his eyes.

Beaming in the light of a nearby streetlamp, they liquified into molten gold, ringed with black flecks around his dilated pupils and fringed by thick eyelashes like that of a butterfly's wings. Exquisite and breath-taking, they looked so stunning it seems unnatural.

But it was the expression held inside them that sent a sudden lightning through my core - a dark, thrilling look that spoke of claiming and nights under the sheets and rough marks on skins.

Hazily, as if someone had draped a muffled blanket over my mind, I could feel my common sense screaming at me in warning.

What am I doing - admiring someone who could possibly be my stalker? Stop staring, Luna.

Yet I didn't.

Instead, slowly and against my will, my eyes roamed the rest of his face - and my lungs forgot how to breathe as the spitting image of perfection gradually built in front of me.

From the slender-tipped nose to the angular, high cheekbones to the tempting sins that the curve of his pillowy lips promised all the way to the slightly exposed collarbone peeking out from his crimson winter coat - it made me feel as if Lust itself had presented itself before my very eyes.

No, he wasn't a man.

He was starlight incarnate, an art constellation, a beauty rivalling that of a dying sunset's. 

And it's strange - how all I want to do is tug him closer and let him consume me, this fiery need of desire flaming up my body a stark contrast to my usual ignorance of all things men.

I'd never cared much for dating before, although I did have a brief, short-lived fling during my college years. Still, I mostly stay away from men in general, having come to the conclusion that I didn't exactly need a man to complete me, both mentally or in bed.

Tonight, though - it felt all-consuming, this want. And it made uneasiness knot in the base of my stomach, even as I continued to stand like an unblinking statue, frozen in his embrace.

"Careful, there," he murmured, tightening his arms that were encircling my upper body to keep me from falling into the pavement.

But then his husky voice completely shattered the trance I was under.

Like a wave washing over me, I jolted back into my senses, shards of panic immediately rising in and slicing at my mind as I realized that this silver-haired artwork in front of me may or may not have possibly stalked me for weeks on end.