Chapter 6

"Ok that's enough get up" Celine says pulling my blankets off in an attempt to wake me up

"Ok that's enough get up" Celine says pulling my blankets off in an attempt to wake me up.  "I'm starting to think you've been brain washed by our parents"

I groaned and turned the other way in search for some source of warmth that has been taken from me.

"Ever since you got here you been such a home body!"

"Celine, I'm half asleep and if you think I'm paying attention to anything you have to say you're delusional"

"If you're gonna be living here you need to get off your ass and find a job! Do something at least!"

Living at home with my parents high key had its perks. I mean free food provided every day, no rent needed to be payed, no bills; I was living the life. I was a full time student so my days consisted of school, homework, and sleep. I graduated last spring which made the move here all that easier. I guess you can say I was a bit stuck in my ways  cause I've been living in New York for a week and a half now and have yet to really explore.

I mean you're expected to walk everywhere and I'm not try to get snatched up, cabs are expensive I don't have money for that, and subways are nasty as fuck. So instead I've opted to stay indoors until Celine comes from work at 6pm.

Needless to say she wasn't having it anymore.

"Nadia! Get up!" She says whilst snatching the pillow from under my head. Did this hoe really just-

"Celine damn! I'm up chill out" I say getting up from bed passing Celine trying to get myself to the hallway bathroom. Of course, Celine follows me.

"Nadia you said you wanted to move here to have independence and freedom, apart of doing that is getting a job to provide for yourself" she says exasperatedly.

I picked up my tooth brush and began to apply tooth paste on the bristles at she continues to speak.

"I looked up, called, and sent in your resume to some magazine journalism companies I searched up that had job openings, it's time you put that journalism degree to use" I proceeded to brush my teeth pretty much trying to process every word she said.

Celine has always been a sneaky bitch. Shake my fucking head.

"And I may or may not have gotten a call back from ESPN magazine who are willing to conduct an interview with you" I stop brushing my teeth for a minute, what she said finally caught my attention .

"You have an interview today at 2pm so start getting your stuff straightened out"

I almost fucking choked. I need at least two days to physical and mentally prepared myself for what I'm going to say. If I don't plan ahead I end up caught off guard and my anxiety spikes up. It's all around not good especially with something this important.

I quickly spit out the remaining tooth paste in my mouth and I'm finally able to speak. "Are you serious Celine! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"