sixteen

For the next few weeks, it was only days full of practicing lines and going through wardrobe changes

Juhyun talked to Taehyung more, but she was only trying to convince him to ask out Lunai. If that wasn't the case, then Juhyun wouldn't even bother talking to him.

They were running lines in their costumes, but Lunai couldn't focus. She kept forgetting her lines or wouldn't show enough emotion.

"I'm sorry," she called out. "I can't—I can't do this right now. I need to take a break," she said, storming off the stage after taking off the hair tie that was keeping her bun in place.

No one knew what to do with Lunai's declaration. She never did anything like that before. No one in their class ever did before.

"Can someone check on her?" Professor Minho asked. "There's only four days before the play, and I need to make sure she's okay."

"I got it," Taehyung said, walking off the stage.

Lunai was in the dressing room. She was changing behind the paper divider.

"Lunai?"

"What?" she harshly asked back, throwing her Juliet dress over the divider.

He watched her shadow as she changed. She was throwing articles of clothing over the divider and putting new sets of clothing on, which he assumed were her normal clothes.

"Are you okay? There's still two hours of practice left, and you're changing," Taehyung said, sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Well, Jungkook and Donghae can practice their scene, then. There are other actors on stage, aren't there? You guys don't need me right now. I'll be back tomorrow," Lunai replied, stepping out from the divider and grabbing her bag.

"Lunai, what's wrong? In the three years you've been here, you've never run out of practice before. Tell me what's wrong," he pleaded.

"It's nothing you need to worry about. I just need some rest before the production. Besides, me going back today won't work if I keep forgetting lines and act emotionless."

Taehyung sighed. "Alright, alright, but if you're leaving, then I'm coming with you."