2.3

Unbeknownst to Lin Xi, Zheng Yong had a unique ability to see the red string of fate that connected two people together. He has always wondered why he didn't have one, but still had the power to see them.

The first time he saw Lin Xi, he wasn't aware that Lin Xi didn't have a red string of fate until he saw him again in school. Today, he was able to confirm the fact that they both weren't connected to another individual.

For some reason, he smiled at the thought of that.

The principal left and Zhang Yong told the class to bring out their paintings. He would grade them and those that receive a passing grade - a C or above - would be put in a charity auction. The students could refuse to give their works, but it would make them appear greedy. The whole class agreed and Zhang Yong marked down their grade.

When he arrived in front of Zheng Ru, he was astonished by the quality of his work. It didn't look like it was created by a student - it looked like a masterpiece worth millions. But he felt like the man in the painting was connected to him in some way. He couldn't tear his eyes away.

Because Lin Xi was planning to become a designer, he had to take some classes in drawing, painting, and sculpting. Due to his experience, his works would certainly be prominent. He wasn't being cocky, but all the failures he had to face to reach the level of success was not a few.

"Professor Zhang, would you like to see mind?" Wang Xiu Ying saw that the man stood in front of Zheng Ru's for more than 5 minutes even though he sped past all the previous paintings.

She didn't want to feel overshadowed by Zheng Ru, so she spoke in a soft voice to pull the man out of his daze. Instead of moving to hers, Zhang Yong stared at Zheng Ru for a moment.

Zhang Yong went through the rest in minutes and announced that those that passed would leave their paintings behind. Those that didn't were taken home and they were dismissed for today.

Wang Xiu Ying saw her grade and frowned; she only got a B-. She thought she deserved at least an A-. Since her rebirth, she has been overconfident about everything because she was able to prevent all the events that were going to occur.

Due to the overconfident, she haphazardly painted flowers and many could see that there wasn't much effort made nor were the details pronounced. But she, herself was blinded by it all.

Most students were ecstatic about leaving the three-hour class early while the girls slowly packed and stole glances at the handsome professor.

Wang Xiu Ying was even bolder and tried to invite Zhang Yong for lunch.

"Professor Zhang, would you like to have lunch together?" She asked in a seductively voice.

Out of her expectation, he didn't fall for her and coldly rejected, "It's inappropriate for a professor and a student to interact out of class other than to discuss class material."

Wang Xiu Ying was determined to have Zhang Yong but didn't mind the challenge. She gave up today, but she would definitely pursue him.

Just as Lin Xi was about to leave, he was stopped by a low voice.

"Zheng Ru, come help me carry these paintings to the truck." Zhang Yong called out to him.

Lin Xi saw that there were still a few students lingering.

Why must you ask me? There are plenty of other students.

As if Zhang Yong could hear his thoughts, he replied, "I will deduct points from your assignment."

Lin Xi was shocked, "You-you-!"

So shameless!

Lin Xi stomped over and picked up the paintings as Zhang Yong trailed behind him.

When Lin Xi was done placing all the paintings in the back of the pick-up truck, he started to leave but he was stopped again by Zhang Yong.

"I'm going to need help carrying it to the auction hall." He stated it matter-of-factly.

Lin Xi refused, "I'm not going to be an unpaid laborer."

"I'll treat you to lunch."

Lin Xi thought about it and agreed.

The system scratched its head. Didn't he just say to the female lead that a professor and a student should never interact out of class?

He didn't understand humans.

Lin Xi was clueless and happily thought of lunch.

------

After they finished putting all the paintings in the auction hall, Zhang Yong drove Zheng Ru back to his apartment.

"I thought you were treating me to lunch," Lin Xi asked with a pout.

Zhang Yong saw him pout and momentarily wanted to kiss him. He shook his head and responded, "I am. I'm making lunch."

"It better be good."

When Lin Xi saw a full course meal, his eyes sparkled. He excitedly gobbled everything. Zhang Yong was satisfied that he ate everything because he infused vegetables in a little bit of all the food including dessert. He had to ensure that he got all the nutrition he needs. He felt distressed knowing that the youth was picky and didn't eat any vegetables.

While eating Lin Xi was reminded of Zi Wu Han's cooking which caused him to tear up a bit. Zhang Yong who was observing his every move, panicked and tried to calm him. Lin Xi desperately missed his lover and wanted to quickly finish his task in this world.

Lin Xi thanked Zhang Yong for the meal and hastily left. He unconsciously touched his ring around his neck as he reminisced about his past lover.

Zhang Yong was at a loss because the cheerful mood instantly changed to a gloomy one.

In the following class, Lin Xi continued to act cold towards Zhang Yong making his aura to becoming dark which affected the other students.

The students saw that the professor was in a bad mood, so they avoid him at all cost.

Wang Xiu Ying didn't notice the odd atmosphere and tried to invite him for lunch again, but failed when Zhang Yong rejected her again.