2.5

Before Lin Xi had the chance to go chasing after the person who won the ring, the system came back to him stating that he had lost them.

If the system was human, it would have died already.

As he was fuming in rage, the system was asking for forgiveness.

System 1314: Host, don't be mad. I can easily make a new ring. Here, look.

The system made a ring appear out of nowhere, but Lin Xi took it and threw it as far as possible.

"Speak one more word and I will pluck all your little leaves and crush you into smithereens." he muttered out loud with a smile on his face. 

The system slowly backed away from the host and hid in a corner.

When he arrived to class the next day, he was still in a bad mood especially since he never figured out whether the ring was his lover's.

If it was, he would never allow anyone to be in possession of it.

When Professor Zhang entered the classroom, Lin Xi's eyes focused on his hand that was wearing a ring. He wouldn't have mistaken a ring he designed, it was definitely his lover's ring. While staring at it, the ring under his shirt started to heat up.

Taking it out to examine, he wasn't aware that Zhang Yong's ring also heated up making his eyes glance around the room and stop at Zheng Ru.

Zhang Yong's eyes visibly widen at the ring around Zheng Ru's neck.

"Everyone, today's assignment is to free-draw."

Just as Lin Xi put away his ring, Zhang Yong said, "Zheng Ru, come with me."

Lin Xi followed Zhang Yong in confusion.

Did he find out about my ring? Why did it suddenly heat up?

While Lin Xi was swimming in his thoughts, they entered Zhang Yong's office.

"Professor Zhang, is there a reason you asked me to come with you?"

Zhang Yong pulled Lin Xi into his embrace and took a deep breath in. The youth in his arms smelled divinely. There was a scent of strawberry shampoo in his hair.

Lin Xi who was in shock didn't react until Zhang Yong pulled out his ring from under his shirt.

Seeing the two identical rings together, Zhang Yong spoke in a low voice.

"Darling, we're connected by fate."

Any protest was silenced with a searing kiss. Only when Lin Xi was running out of oxygen did Zhang Yong reluctantly released him. While he was in a daze, Zhang Yong pulled him to his chair where he sat and allowed Lin Xi to sit on his lap.

Zhang Yong saw that Lin Xi was silent with an expressionless face for a while and thought that he was mad. Lin Xi was seriously bringing his thoughts together because he never expected the male lead to act like this.

Although he didn't want Zhang Yong to fall for Wang Xiu Ying, he didn't think Zhang Yong would fall for him instead. The ring was also an unexpected factor.

Lin Xi held Zhang Yong's hand and played with the ring. He took the ring and saw the phrase, 'aeternum' engraved in the inside. He also inspected the ring to ensure that it was the one he made for Zi Wu Han.

Zhang Yong saw Lin Xi playing with the ring and noticed that his hand was visibly bigger than Lin Xi. He squeezed Lin Xi making him look up at him.

Did his lover also reincarnate with me? Lin Xi stared at Zhang Yong with brightly lit eyes filled with hope.

"What does the engraving me?" Zhang Yong licked his ear making him cover his ear protectively.

Lin Xi remember in the last life Zi Wu Han also asked the same thing when he discovered words on the inside of the ring. But he refused to explain and avoided him every time. That is until he got drunk on their wedding night.

Lin Xi remembered due to the embarrassing moments that occurred that night.

"Princess, what does it mean?" Zi Wu Han licked his ear when he asked. Lin Xi blushed unsure whether it was because of his sensitive ears or the fact that he drank too much.

"Ah?" Lin Xi looked up to him with dazed eyes.

Zi Wu Han wanted to devour him, but only after he got an answer.

"Dear, what does this mean?" He pointed at the inside of the ring.

"'Aeternum'?" Lin Xi gave him a smirk and motioned him to come closer.

Zi Wu Han complied and Lin Xi put his mouth next to his lover's ear.

"It means eternity. Under this single rose, our love will be eternal." 

Hearing a confession from his lover, Zi Wu Han's face redden and pulled Lin Xi into a scorching kiss.

When Lin Xi woke up the next morning, his body was aching and he had red marks all over his body. He lost consciousness after the third time, but he remembered everything else including his passionate confession. He was so embarrassed that he refused to come out of bed - not that he could after such an intense night.

Back to reality, Zhang Yong's eyes narrowed when he saw Lin Xi blush as he thought of something or someone.

Who are you thinking about when I'm here with you?!

He bit Lin Xi's ear in anger which pulled him out of a trance. He again protected his ears and saw Zhang Yong's possessive eyes. Lin Xi was almost certain that this was the same person as his lover.

The system was confused on how Zi Wu Han was able to reincarnate into this world with the host.