81- The Return Of Dumbledore's Army

With the potion Venus's transformation went undetected.

She was able to curl up in the corner of McGonagall's office and sleep through it.

"You okay?" Neville asked when she arrived at the Gryffindor table the next day.

Venus couldn't say much because the Carrow siblings were pacing the hall close by.

She slid onto the bench beside Neville.

"Let's start tonight," she said. There was a determined glint in her eyes, which reminded Ginny of the look she had seen in Sirius's eyes on several occasions.

"You're sure?" Ginny stared back at Venus. "You're up for it?"

"If we don't do anything who will?" Venus's eyes flashed with determination.

"So what are we going to do?" Neville hissed as Amycus Carrow passed right behind him.

"I have a few ideas," said Venus. The look in her eyes resembled the one that Fred and George had when they were planning something big.

********

Luna met the three Gryffindors in the great hall that evening.

"What are we doing?" Luna asked interestedly, peering at the bucket of red paint that sat at Venus's feet.

"We've got to be smart about it." Venus hissed quietly. "We're going to start small and build our way up."

"We're going back to the good old days of painting messages on the walls." Ginny handed Luna a paintbrush. "We're going to graffiti the hall."

"Dumbledore's Army still recruiting." Neville grinned. "Big and bold. Let people know that we're not going to stand for the Carrows and that way the Carrows will know the same."

They set to work. The first step was to remove the large banner with the Hogwarts crest on it from behind the teacher's table. Venus and Ginny levitated Neville and Luna and they untied it. They folded the banner up and tucked it into a corner.

With the empty wall now visible they began to pain the message in large capital letters.

It didn't take them all that long to finish, they spent no time admiring their work and hurried back to their common rooms.

********

The school was a buzz wondering who painted the message.

"Dumbledore's Army? What's that?" A group of second years passed by Venus and Neville whispering to eachother.

"My brother told me about it." One said, "it started the year before we joined, they fight against You-Know-Who, Harry Potter is the leader."

"It's working." Neville grinned as the first years continued past them, "it's really working."

"Of course it is." Venus was grinning almost as widely as Neville, "all people need is hope. We've just got to stand up to them."

"I noticed that when Harry used to do it." Neville said quietly, "of all the times, now we need him more than ever and he's not here."

"But he is," said Venus, "if we fight back it will be like Harry is here. Every time we even mention him it's like a small rebellion. Actually I guess Harry himself is a rebellion, just him being alive defies everything that Voldemort is about."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx