2| Her First Love

[Edited on 21 May, 2019]

Are you a first time reader(Ftr) or re-reader(Rr)? I have to ask this lol, 'cause you know, curiousity killed the cat!

So if you guys have made this far, why don't you mention your name, time, place where you're reading this book from, location or anything you want to share?

Emily's POV:

I was happy. Very happy, in fact. Who wouldn't be? I mean I just had my life all planned out. I had graduated, got a job offer, and my best friend just called me saying he needs me.

The same best friend who I had a crush on for maybe about fifteen years. It was more of a crush at first, but then it turned from a mere degree of "like" to "inevitable love" before I could even gather my thoughts up.

And I, like any girl in love should behave, sealed it deep in my heart. I thought if I could be able to match his type, he would reciprocate it, but I was afraid he might not want me back.

Because he was in love with someone who was not me.

Tragic, isn't it?

The problems didn't start there, I guess because he certainly had the right to love someone else. Not that I have any problems with it, but maybe I had problems to cope up with the fact that she loved him back.

Let me describe this 'she'.

Lara Williams.

Her name is as pretty as she looks. Covered with pretty organs from head to toe, I wouldn't have any problems in getting along with her if it weren't for the fact that she was my best friend's so-called 'girlfriend'.

Well, I was not jealous...if breaking the jars, smashing my head against a locker or banging my head against the counter or putting her name in my list of enemies counts as something! She was way better at everything.

Everyone worshipped the ground that she walked on. She was everything I could never be. Head of the cheerleading group, an object of adult's fantasies, an achiever of average grades, good nature, perfect figure, better dressing sense and most of all, a cool and calm personality.

If I were a boy, I would definitely go crazy for her.

Which thankfully I wasn't!

Thus, I understand Edward. Despite being a billionaire's heir, he's got no attitude at all, except for the usual fights with me I guess.

Good in grades, aristocratic body, chiselled face, bright smile, blue eyes and cool attire, he has everything I don't deserve.

He is to inherit the enormous Jones Multielectronics, a company indulged in manufacturing all of the electronics around the world. He has always been responsible and obedient, the clear opposite of me.

I always tried to catch up with him, but always got left behind by one or two steps. Maybe I should have befriended someone ugly and dull some twenty years ago. I guess his ability to solve things easily and his optimistic nature towards life is what made me fall in love with him.

Stay with him for a day and you would know what I'm talking about. He is the only one who accepted me for what I am.

A tomboy.